• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SLK350 gearbox options

Guest redhood

Guest redhood

Just wondering if you guys can enlighten me on this. Are there 6-speed auto gearbox for 2006 SLK350 (pre-facelifted)? I've read most reviews on the net and they all say that options are 6-sp manual or 7G-Tronic. But I can only find 6-speeds on my SLK. one gear missing ???

Guest redhood

Walau! you serious? :laugh: now, how blurr can I be??? I bought pre-owned, so didn't think my box would be 7G as it doesn't have the big letterings, "7G-Tronic". maybe last owner removed it.

thanks!

Guest SgLaKsa

easy, if u got 7g-tronic, there should be a S/C/M mode. go M mode, shift ur gear using the paddle/stick to the MAX and see the gear numbers :thumbsup:

I think it won't show 7 but will show D after 6. Can anyone confirm that?

Guest Otsego

easy, if u got 7g-tronic, there should be a S/C/M mode. go M mode, shift ur gear using the paddle/stick to the MAX and see the gear numbers :thumbsup:

I think it won't show 7 but will show D after 6. Can anyone confirm that?

but mine show 7...

Guest Sareve

I think it's a matter of options you picked or something, I'm fairly certain it won't go to 7 unless you have a proper M mode. I don't, so it shows D on the final gear. It's very easy to see the difference between D and 6th gear though, look at the engine rev, 6th gear will have higher RPM than D.

I could be completely wrong though as I do not drive an SLK :D

Guest Otsego

I think it's a matter of options you picked or something, I'm fairly certain it won't go to 7 unless you have a proper M mode. I don't, so it shows D on the final gear. It's very easy to see the difference between D and 6th gear though, look at the engine rev, 6th gear will have higher RPM than D.

I could be completely wrong though as I do not drive an SLK :D

hmm i think only 7g-tronic got M mode... me CLS also show number 7

Guest redhood

Mine got M-mode but shows D after 6. that was why I suspect it is a 6-speed. but can't find anywhere which states that R171s comes with 6-Speed auto option, leh... really curious.

Guest SgLaKsa

Oh i guess its because u can also do manual change of gears even in the auto modes (either S=Sport or C=Comfort), but it will return to D at the highest gear (which is the 7th gear for your case). But if you select the M=Manual mode (using the M/S/C selector), it will show 7th gear instead of D. Anyway, i'm just guessing.

Guest redhood

Whoa!!! Just came back from a spin down TPE! As the traffic was clear, I decided to check out the M-mode again and see if I can find the missing gear! Guess what? Number 7 appeared! :clap:

I guess I was mistaken when I checked my M-mode previously. Yay! Thank you all for helping me find my missing gear! I'm elated! :bboyspin:

Guest Otsego

Whoa!!! Just came back from a spin down TPE! As the traffic was clear, I decided to check out the M-mode again and see if I can find the missing gear! Guess what? Number 7 appeared! :clap:

I guess I was mistaken when I checked my M-mode previously. Yay! Thank you all for helping me find my missing gear! I'm elated! :bboyspin:

aiya, no need traffic clear then check ma, u reach 90km/h also can use 7th gear

Guest Otsego

oh, btw is urs the 1 with amg bodykit and quad exhaust?

Guest redhood

hee hee, the last time I tried to use M-mode, I was in some traffic, so the car refused to go beyond 6th, leading to my silly question of a missing gear... :P

Lastly, and sadly, no, mine is completely stock (including the 7G). hahaha! Why? did you bump into a red slk dressed up in AMG kit and all? Would love to see one... quad pipes look damn cool man. :punk1:

Guest angela

did you bump into a red slk dressed up in AMG kit and all? Would love to see one... quad pipes look damn cool man. :punk1:

gerald's SLK is hot red with an amg kit... this sunday u come with sunglasses can surely see.. ;)

Guest redhood

i bought pre-owned some more, should actually left 5G, but I think dealer kind, give me someone's else 2G because I so kan cheong buy from him the day he collected the car. :ninja: So I suspect someone might be driving around with minus 2G gearbox :surrender: