• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

NEW Mobil 1 Virtual Racing League, Sign-Up Now! (OLD)

Guest angela

Guest angela

Free Lewis Hamilton Signature Cap* - Mobil 1 Virtual Racing League, sign-upnow. Here's your chance to win $1000 worth of petrol vouchers, McLaren TeamReplica Shirts, and other exciting prizes. Read on to find out more Introducing the new Mobil 1 Virtual Racing League… This time with theMcLaren Mercedes MP4-22 at Sepang Circuit. Qualifying session for Mobil 1 Virtual Racing League will start in July2008 where you get an unlimited no. of tries to make it to the elimination stage. Only racers with the top 32 times will proceed to the group stage where groups of four racers will be formed. Come find out if you have what it takes to make it up the quarterfinals and semifinals to the Grand Finalsand be the first to take the Mobil 1 Virtual Racing League by storm.

Satisfy your appetite for adrenaline, speed and power and join the Mobil 1Virtual Racing League today! Simply email your name and NRIC no. [email protected]

*Limited to first 100 sign-ups.**Terms and Conditions Apply.

Guest seizure_

Hmm... time to bring out the PS2/PS3 with the racing seats, steering wheel & accelerator lor...

For info the chair + frame costs $400. Anybody keen ?

is it the one at Vivocity (d-box)?

Guest jenvid

Hmm... time to bring out the PS2/PS3 with the racing seats, steering wheel & accelerator lor...

Sort of... it is supplied by the same guy Ken Knapp for mounting your PS2/3 controller. The GT3/4/5 chair cost you 1.1k with out steering/leg pedals.

The one you see at Vivo city cost $27k :) That's only for the chair with the 3 pneumatic actuators. Each actuator cost you $3.5k~$4k I think. The UMP cost you $8k for home theater.

Understand the Indonesian kids are ordering the racing chair in quads for their personal use.

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Sort of... it is supplied by the same guy Ken Knapp for mounting your PS2/3 controller. The GT3/4/5 chair cost you 1.1k with out steering/leg pedals.

The one you see at Vivo city cost $27k :) That's only for the chair with the 3 pneumatic actuators. Each actuator cost you $3.5k~$4k I think. The UMP cost you $8k for home theater.

Understand the Indonesian kids are ordering the racing chair in quads for their personal use.

This machine can be played for free at ST Powered. They bought from Ken Knapp! Comes with the pneumatic actuators... more real than the Mobil 1 machines. :thumbsup:

Guest sy69u

dont have my laptop with me. still using company's com. can any1 help me please? kompressor bro, u got my details. can send for me please? put in my sgmerc email please.

Guest jenvid

fruitcakepablohoney ]

The one you see at Vivo city cost $27k :) That' wrote:

This machine can be played for free at ST Powered. They bought from Ken Knapp! Comes with the pneumatic actuators... more real than the Mobil 1 machines. :thumbsup:

Looks like Ken got the asia mkt cornered. The Vivo one is also supplied by Ken Knapp.

Fruitcake, can we convoy down to ST powered for a joy ride ? keke...

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

I just came back from ST Power, no steering attached, not for outsider to play.

Forgot to tell you...must bring your own steering wheel! kekeke. They will put it on if you wanna play lah!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jenvid

Heard Singtel Grid got another of F1 type, anyone got info about this ?

tried at CommunicAsia 2008. F1 SG road... cant drive lor...accelerate only car tailspin liao..

Guest jenvid

waah... came back from the Mobil 1 Virtual Racing League qualifying.

Track: Sepang

Car : McLaren Mp-23 (i think)

format: Best of 6 laps per round.

Time to beat: 1:38

Some pts to note:

1) Need to memorise track and note where all the turns are

2) Need to remember what gear to go in/out of corner

3) This is qualifying, timing is best of 6 laps.

4) Car is much more easier to drive than the porsche but still visibility is very low due to the driver's view. You can hardly see the apex.

5) You will be equipped with headset. Might want to bring wet wipes for hygiene purpose

Now to the interesting bits...

Tonight is the first night, not much pple but the gals that accompanied the hardcore drivers are very distracting.

The usual leg tattooed maggie Q lookalike was there and some other gals in ultra hot pants... sigh....

Cant take photo lar... too obvious. Of cuz these couples were like Jammo & S1 lor... I mean the .... :bboyspin:

First prize is 2 grandstand F1 tickets for SG F1 worth $1500 each.

See you all there tomorrow night. 7pm to 10pm every thursday,friday & saturday till National day wk.

Guest jenvid

Venue:

733A Havelock Road

via Zion Road (look out for the Shell station)

2nd floor along the row of shophouses

Public car parking facilities nearby

The dates of the Mobil 1 Virtual Racing League has been finalised.

Qualifying Round (7:00pm - 10:00pm)

3 July - 5 July

10 July - 13 July

17 July - 19 July

31 July - 2 August

7 August - 9 August

14 August - 16 August

21 August - 23 August

Elimination Round (7:30pm - 10:00pm)

5 September - 6 September

Elimination Round 2 (7:30 - 10:00pm)

12 September

Quarter Finals (7:30pm - 9:30pm)

13 September

Semi Finals & Grand Finals (7:30pm - 9:30pm)

19 September

Guest jenvid

Hmm... no one turning up on a regular basis ?

You folks miss a good head up between ranking 1st & 2nd...

The current leader did consistent 1:35s for the good 5 laps... man like on rails unbelieveable...

Sepang fastest(real) is 1:34.223 by Montoya...

Sigh... I have yet to go below 1:40... *sob*