• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

F1 Singtel Grid Girls Charity Car Wash - 21st June 2008

Guest Cklasse

Guest Cklasse

Those who wish to support this charity event; please put in your names. We shall convoy there for a car wash (wash eyes too). :spiderman:

We shall post more details here later.

1. Cklasse

-------------------------------------

The Formula 1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix roars into town from 26th to 28th September and the organizers are searching for the Singtel Grid Girls who will be the flag bearers for the first ever night race in Formula One history.

MediaCorp TV is producing a series of the challenges related to the search for the Grid Girls and one such challenge will be the Charity Car Wash.

Oosh is proud to play host to this event on 21st June 2008 (Sat) from 10am-5pm and you are invited to be part of the action. Drive by Oosh on Saturday, choose the team of girls you wish to support, give your vehicles a good rub down and do you bid for charity. All proceeds from this charity car wash will go to Singtel Touching Lives Fund for less privileged children.

The action continues in the evening with the grid girls making a special appearance during the post party at Oosh Main Bar from 8pm till late. Come soak in the party atmosphere and stand a chance to win premium tickets to the F1 race and exclusive Singtel F1 merchandise!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest millionmilebenz

Those who wish to support this charity event; please put in your names. We shall convoy there for a car wash (wash eyes too).

1. Cklasse :spiderman:

2. MMB :batman:

3. _______ :ninja:

4. _______ :ninjaturtle:

5. _______ :police:

6. _______ :devil:

The Formula 1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix roars into town from 26th to 28th September and the organizers are searching for the Singtel Grid Girls who will be the flag bearers for the first ever night race in Formula One history.

MediaCorp TV is producing a series of the challenges related to the search for the Grid Girls and one such challenge will be the Charity Car Wash.

Oosh is proud to play host to this event on 21st June 2008 (Sat) from 10am-5pm and you are invited to be part of the action. Drive by Oosh on Saturday, choose the team of girls you wish to support, give your vehicles a good rub down and do you bid for charity. All proceeds from this charity car wash will go to Singtel Touching Lives Fund for less privileged children.

The action continues in the evening with the grid girls making a special appearance during the post party at Oosh Main Bar from 8pm till late. Come soak in the party atmosphere and stand a chance to win premium tickets to the F1 race and exclusive Singtel F1 merchandise!

Those who wish to support this charity event; please put in your names. We shall convoy there for a car wash (wash eyes too).

1. Cklasse

2. MMB

3. 9339

4. _______

5. _______

6. _______

Guest SableKo

1. Cklasse

2. MMB

3. 9339

4. Sableko

5. _______

6. _______

Guest funng

1. Cklasse

2. MMB

3. 9339

4. Sableko

5. Funng

6. _______

Guest Cklasse

Anyone else going for this charity eye wash event ?.....I mean car wash. PLease put in your names. We are targeting minimum 10 cars.....

Place : Oosh, Dempsey.

Time : 1030 hr. All cars to gather in public carpark by 1015 hr before we move into Oosh.

Date : 21 Jun 2008

Donation : All proceeds from this charity car wash will go to Singtel Touching Lives Fund for less privileged children.

1. Cklasse

2. MMB

3. 9339

4. Sableko

5. Funng

6. Kompressor

Guest Cklasse

Anyone else going for this charity eye wash event ?.....I mean car wash. PLease put in your names. We are targeting minimum 10 cars.....COME SUPPORT OUR CHARITY EVENT

Time : 1030 hr. All cars to gather in public carpark by 1015 hr before we move into Oosh.

Donation : All proceeds from this charity car wash will go to Singtel Touching Lives Fund for less privileged children.

1. Cklasse

2. MMB

3. 9339

4. Sableko

5. Funng

6. Kompressor

Anyone else going for this charity eye wash event ?.....I mean car wash. PLease put in your names. We are targeting minimum 10 cars.....COME SUPPORT OUR CHARITY EVENT

1. Cklasse

2. MMB

3. 9339

4. Sableko

5. Funng

6. Kompressor

Guest funng

1. Cklasse

2. MMB

3. 9339

4. Sableko

5. Funng (Sorry guys, got something on 930, not sure if i can make, if i can, i will see you guys there at 1015hr)

6. Kompressor

Guest Cklasse

update

Yen and me turned up at the car wash this morning at 1030am. Only 2 cars but like the saying, less man more share; we had lots of girls clamouring for our attention (actually, I think it's more for the competition and cameras). I wanted to take some video but had to stop because the girls keep talking to me. Ok, will upload some pictures later. Thank you Yen for coming and those who signed up.

Guest funng

well, i went just now at 4pm with a friend. it was interesting having all the girls and all. i had to go to a $6 carwash after that, cause it seems they just sprayed water,the rims weren't even given a wipe(unlike bro Cklasse's video). all the brakedust see already very sian. maybe its just the rims hard to clean. :banghead:

but i think the ladies were definitely tired from a whole day of standing, from 1030 to 1700. so who can blame them.

anyways, just being curious, how much did you guys "donate" for the wash? i must admit that are really good at asking for more money. almost walked out with an empty wallet.but all is good since its all for charity. :bboyspin:

Guest Cklasse

We were the 2nd and 3rd car when they started their "business" in the morning at 10am. An Audi R8 was 1st, followed by us. I must agree they did not do a thoroughly clean wash but at least they cleaned my rims gim gim (brake dust were gone). I guess they were energetic and enthusiastic in the morning, so they did a lot of talking and washing.

Guest millionmilebenz

Hahaha, "brake dust" is definitely new to these girls. When they were cleaning my car, one of them whined, "wow your car is so dirty, look at this!" (showing me a blackened sponge after wiping the rim). To which I replied "that is called brake dust, darling, and this is called car wash..." :devil2:

Must applaud the girls though, for it is really no easy thing to do this for 8 hours while still looking good for the cameras. All for a good cause! :thumbsup:

Guest millionmilebenz

update

Yen and me turned up at the car wash this morning at 1030am. Only 2 cars but like the saying, less man more share; we had lots of girls clamouring for our attention (actually, I think it's more for the competition and cameras). I wanted to take some video but had to stop because the girls keep talking to me. Ok, will upload some pictures later. Thank you Yen for coming and those who signed up.

As Cklasse said, all of us including Winnie (Cklasse's wifey) were kept busy as the girls all wanted to show their "Miss Congeniality" side and also to try to pry more donations from us.

Mediacorp artiste and Merc spokesperson Tay Ping Hui was also there, along with 2 camera crews and photographers from 8 Days. I believe they are going to make a short TV special on the SingTel Grid Girls competition. Anyway, Cklasse and I had the honour of representing SGMERC and we stated that clearly to the cameras.

Hope that if and when they do show this segment, the SGMERC logo will be make it on to the screen. :pray:

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Hey guys it's great you guys are there to represent sgmerc but i feel it's a disappointment... we have so many members but only 3 turn up? And this is for charity. What a let down!

Guest funng

well, perhaps just a matter of timing? but at least sgmerc was there. saw only a few lambos, despite saying they would turn up at 2pm, not sure if they really did at 2pm, but their presence(noise) were heavily felt, even if there was just one.

I'm pretty sure there will be other opportunities similar to this event, esp with F1 around the corner and seriously doubt just one day of coverage will be enough, both for the girls' competition and the charity. We'll be in full force the next time. :clap:

but on a brighter note, i asked one of the girls if they remembered 2 mercs that went at 1030(after reading Cklasse's post), she gave it some thought and quote "one of them was big classic merc, really nice". :punk1:

looks like bro MMB left quite an impression. not sure the "really nice" was for the car or the owner? :yumyum:

Guest funng

guess you guys must have your eye "wash" too :devil2:

first question. "how would like like it..(pause).. washed?"

second question. "any specific areas you wish to be cleaned?"

Guest speckie1

well, perhaps just a matter of timing? but at least sgmerc was there. saw only a few lambos, despite saying they would turn up at 2pm, not sure if they really did at 2pm, but their presence(noise) were heavily felt, even if there was just one.

I'm pretty sure there will be other opportunities similar to this event, esp with F1 around the corner and seriously doubt just one day of coverage will be enough, both for the girls' competition and the charity. We'll be in full force the next time. :clap:

but on a brighter note, i asked one of the girls if they remembered 2 mercs that went at 1030(after reading Cklasse's post), she gave it some thought and quote "one of them was big classic merc, really nice". :punk1:

looks like bro MMB left quite an impression. not sure the "really nice" was for the car or the owner? :yumyum:

one of them told me today that there was a check presented and fella (don't know who) said it was on behalf of SGMerc. wah.... :clap:

so I guess the 3 musketeers did leave an impression :thumbsup: