• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New Here - SOS

Guest angela

Guest angela

Hi, does anyone know if there is the following option available for B170 - mobile phone integrated into the stereo. What I want is to insert a duplicate SIM car into the stereo set, and be able to answer calls from the steering wheel mf buttons. It really bugs me that there are the phone buttons on the wheel but they can't be used. Also on the stereo. Can order the car and fit this 'option' outside? Open to suggestions. Sales guy said that there's a whole bunch of fibre optic cables that makes retrofitting difficult.

Not too keen on the ALPS navigation command set as the map is probably not very updated for sg. ... ...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 777kenny

Yes, the Mobile Phone Interface pre-installation is available as an option for the B-Class. $2100 a pop. And the Phone Connector itself (model specific) cost another $420.

They are all stated in the Sales Leaflet ;)

I would rather get a Garmin GPS (eg. Nuvi series) which comes with Bluetooth handsfree feature. Works just as good and convenient. Am using the Nuvi 310 personally.

Guest angela

Ya, I know about the factory option but I wanted something which didn't require you to dock the phone. The factory GPS I can live without. I guess there's no choice here. Can the blutooth be used with the buttons on the mf steering wheel?

Guest 777kenny

Ya, I know about the factory option but I wanted something which didn't require you to dock the phone. The factory GPS I can live without. I guess there's no choice here. Can the blutooth be used with the buttons on the mf steering wheel?

You can get the Bluetooth adaptor instead if you opt for the (expensive) factory phone option. There you don't need to dock the phone to the cradle and you CAN use the buttons on the steering wheel.

For Garmin, you control everything on its touch screen.