• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

WTB Philips Diamond H7 White Light Bulb

Guest C_Star

Guest C_Star

Bros,

pls help! both my light bulbs gone and i really want to try the Diamond H7 as recommended by Kpmpressor in other threads. But MBM is out of stock?

Guest 9339

Bros,

pls help! both my light bulbs gone and i really want to try the Diamond H7 as recommended by Kpmpressor in other threads. But MBM is out of stock?

head down to MBM. i got mine from them.

Go to any big accesories shop, they should have if MBM is out of stock.

• 2 months later...
Guest Jarebbsg

k thanks probably i try to call Autobac to check with them b4 i make a trip there.

C_Star...had you installed the Diamond H7 WHite Blub? Can you tell me if it is good and you will recommend?

Thanks..

Guest morganoh

k thanks probably i try to call Autobac to check with them b4 i make a trip there.

C_Star...had you installed the Diamond H7 WHite Blub? Can you tell me if it is good and you will recommend?

Thanks..

I install the H7 bulb as well, the color is much "whiter" than the original bulb. and its also seems to be brighter.

But with just the bulb change, u will lose quite abit on penetration power.

Meaning the white lights are reach far object.

the original yellow lights can shine furtherer.

The only way to have White lights and shine furtherer is to install the Xeon Kit set which is around $6-700.

Guest Jarebbsg

Hi morganoh, where could the xenon be found? You know of anyone that has it installed? i would like to find out more.....hope it will not void the warranty after installations....

thanks for your respond.

in my opinion,

if u want to have nice bright white lights, dun spend money on halogen bulbs.

direct get Xenon/HID bulbs.

Like what bro morgan said,

only xenon can give u the brightness and has a wider spectrum that typical halogen bulbs will NEVER achieve.

color and illuminity is very uniform, somemore uses less energy.

and the light beam is very focused, not 'dispersed' even if u change to Hi-end white halogen bulbs.

In my previous rides, i always changed to white bulbs and kept changing cos it can never satisfy me(from Philips to Borsch to Piaa)....just not bright enough from the driver's view.

but the moment i change to xenon....wow. Power. nothing comes close.

so always the 1st mod i do is to change to xenon lamps.

so bro, no need to spend money on normal bulbs that blow every 6 months or so.

use Xenon, will never regret.

money back guarantee. :thumbsup:

MAI TU LIAO.

Hi, White Light Bulb is passed under tp rule ?

thanks.

white halo bulbs i'm not sure, cos i've fixed on xenons the very next day i got my merc ride.

but xenon not to worry. i've it on for almost 2 years. never been stopped.

cos most xenons on merc is factory-fitted.

Guest C_Star

Jarebbsg,

i changed to some other brand instead of Phillips Diamond as they were out of stock then. But i am say the white light are not bright enuf and especially if it is raining cats and dogs.

Cheers

Guest morganoh

Hi morganoh, where could the xenon be found? You know of anyone that has it installed? i would like to find out more.....hope it will not void the warranty after installations....

thanks for your respond.

Install at MBM,

Cos our merc is very sensitive to any changes. The check light will appear even when u change a small little signal light to LED.

Do better do it with MBM cos they can install it without any problems.

Guest morganoh

thanks C_Star and morganoh, will scout out to MBM.

But if u are just installing the blub, u can do it anywhere, (less than $100)

u only need to go to mbm if installing the xeon kit, (around $6-700++)

Guest jenvid

Yeah Xenon is the way to go. Had it on my SLK to C class for 4 years until the bulb burnt out.

Do note that TP is catching pple with aftermkt xenon, but I think merc usually gets away with it.

If your ride is a W203, after fitting the Xenon you will need the DAS to setting Xenon Presence on to prevent electrical circuit from cutting in & out.

Warranty void ? Dont think so. Cant put in print the reason lah.

My C xenon was self installed in the carpark, next day drove to C&C workshop. Hand them a print out to set Xenon presence on using the DAS. :punk1:

Do be kind to other drivers, stick to 4300k bulbs cuz yours do not have autolevelling.