• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

always leave ur parking brake on, or put your car in "P" when leaving it.

Guest angela

Guest angela

CURIOUS about how things work, the 3-year-old toddler fiddled with the gear lever of his parents' car.

But his curiosity led to the death of his 88-year-old great- grandmother in a freak accident in Kuching, Sarawak, at 8.15am on Sunday.

The toddler had pulled the lever of the automatic-gear Mercedes-Benz into reverse, causing the car to jerk backwards.

KNOCKED DOWN

In the process, the car brushed past his great-grandmother, Madam Lin, knocking her off balance. His great-aunt was also knocked down.

Madam Lin had apparently knocked her head against the pavement after falling, causing her to bleed.

The toddler's father rushed Madam Lin to the hospital.

That morning, the family were preparing to visit relatives.

The mum started the car engine. The toddler then got in after her while the rest of the family were still getting ready.

Then, tragedy struck.

The father told Nanyang Siang Pau that he had just stepped out of their terrace house to the garage when he saw Madam Lin and the boy's great-aunt lying on the ground.

He said that Madam Lin was already bleeding from her head and unconscious.

She also sustained fractures.

He helped the great-aunt to her feet. The great-aunt, who is in her 50s, was not hurt.

Then, he sent Madam Lin to hospital, but she did not survive.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,165333,00.html?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest C350

Yeah, but if they put the car in neutral, you can change gear without stepping on the brakes, I think that's what might have happened.

haha jeff E200 is manual meh :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

Guest jenvid

fruitcakepablohoney ]

Lesson learn:- Always put to "P" when you' wrote:

No use lah... my 4 yr daughter already know how to step brake & press start so that she can watch her DVD...

Guest C350

haha... that's why they're kidz, I know my kidz will never do that cos i explain to them about it. ;D

my too have explain to both toby & ian so far so good. they did behave while in the car. :clap:

Guest kopimonster

hmm...tot that no matter wat, we have to shift to "P" before leaving the car, or else the car will continue to move...so it should be quite natural, but wif kids running ard the house, why not juz stop the car and take out the key, juz to be on the safe side.

Guest 9339

C35 ]

haha... that' wrote:

my too have explain to both toby & ian so far so good. they did behave while in the car. :clap:

Who is toby and ian????

Anyway i dont think anyone will put the gear to N instead of the usual P.

Jeff E200( or maybe that a E320) car need to step on Cluthes to start .

Ha Ha Ha.....

Both mine will never have the chance to sit in the driver seat till they got their driving license.