• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

"Check Engine" Lights Came On - What to do?

Paladin

haha dunno eunos got kopi 1 a not leh . oops ! hahaha! i stay in east and super near eunos but i go to pandan .. bad experience there =X IIRC some of the members also siam eunos liao ..

I stay in Hougang also go Pandan for servicing. LOL

Seems like Eunos is a no go. Will heed bros advise and go a bit further to pandan.

I think i have to consult my little guru at home on what to name my car. Showed her the post that I used her favorite vanguard for my nickname, she super proud and kept asking me to show her the post. So funny.

awww so sweet! any little girl would be thrilled when their dad does stuff like this. let her name the car! :) she'll feel really special.

..seems 2 be a common problem...I had tt once, abt few weeks in2 collecting my car....my guy frd...now permanently "check engine" on his display cos he so damn lazy 2 go C&C... :blink: :blink: ...got this type of man too...weird rite... :ph34r:

...C&C taught me to reset from Menu ley...tt's all.

..U might like 2 check yr tyres' pressure too.....

...happi driving... ^_^

..seems 2 be a common problem...I had tt once, abt few weeks in2 collecting my car....my guy frd...now permanently "check engine" on his display cos he so damn lazy 2 go C&C... :blink: :blink: ...got this type of man too...weird rite... :ph34r:

...C&C taught me to reset from Menu ley...tt's all.

..U might like 2 check yr tyres' pressure too.....

...happi driving... ^_^

Went to get the fault fixed today. Same experience as you, no fault found and just reset the menu.

I think i have to consult my little guru at home on what to name my car. Showed her the post that I used her favorite vanguard for my nickname, she super proud and kept asking me to show her the post. So funny.

How old is your little guru? u coming for the D&D??? I'm bringing piglet... U???

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

You are welcomed to try Eunos and provide us with a FR. :D

Pai Say to the bros here. Couldn't find time to go to the service centre. Managed only to squeeze out some time yesterday morning and did not have time to go Pandan. So took a chance with Eunos and dropped by at around 9am.

My experience at the service centre : First thing the receptionist wasn't that polite to start off with. First time there and asked her if I need to take a queue number. She like not very happy and ask me for my car number and name then tell me to go take a seat. After that the first thing the service staff told me is that "Today cannot do servicing, can only check what is the fault". I thought to myself if there is something very serious, then how? After about 20mins, called me and told me no fault detected and they had just reset the system. Then he tell me to try to ram the engine hard once in a while in the expressway because there might be carbon built-up in the engine that could trigger the warning light, also ask me if I am using 98 gas or not. Then I thought to myself again, think he is telling me don't be cheaper skate and got to drive faster otherwise engine will complain : p. PS i was using shell 98.

Anyway, just happy that this is a glitch like what Tanzy said otherwise......sianz.......

Compared to my past experience with Honda, think the service level is quite bad. If there were really serious issue and they give me this kind of service / attitude, things might probably turn ugly. Also, there is coffee machine but no one serving. Say got snack, but counter empty. Dont know if this was because is was saturday or not.

Pai Say to the bros here. Couldn't find time to go to the service centre. Managed only to squeeze out some time yesterday morning and did not have time to go Pandan. So took a chance with Eunos and dropped by at around 9am.

My experience at the service centre : First thing the receptionist wasn't that polite to start off with. First time there and asked her if I need to take a queue number. She like not very happy and ask me for my car number and name then tell me to go take a seat. After that the first thing the service staff told me is that "Today cannot do servicing, can only check what is the fault". I thought to myself if there is something very serious, then how? After about 20mins, called me and told me no fault detected and they had just reset the system. Then he tell me to try to ram the engine hard once in a while in the expressway because there might be carbon built-up in the engine that could trigger the warning light, also ask me if I am using 98 gas or not. Then I thought to myself again, think he is telling me don't be cheaper skate and got to drive faster otherwise engine will complain : p. PS i was using shell 98.

Anyway, just happy that this is a glitch like what Tanzy said otherwise......sianz.......

Compared to my past experience with Honda, think the service level is quite bad. If there were really serious issue and they give me this kind of service / attitude, things might probably turn ugly. Also, there is coffee machine but no one serving. Say got snack, but counter empty. Dont know if this was because is was saturday or not.

haha . thanks for the review.. gave up on eunos liao ;) so next time you know why we dun want go there liao lo .. but yours still quite ok

• 4 weeks later...

My "check engine" light came on again after getting it reset at the Eunos service centre some time back.  This time went to the Pandan service centre to get it checked.  Same thing, no problem detected and just had the thing reset.  Was advised to leave the car there for 3-5 days for a thorough check if the problem persist... but how to survive with car for so long?  Anyway, must say the service at pandan is way much better.  No wonder they came highly recommended.