• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hello everyone!

Paladin

lol... BM is upset that i told Paladin to mod his car less.... lol...less biz for BM! haha

No more Prada for u... Now left prata...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

haha yeah... oh well... iz okay... prata also happie!

You are a simple girl.... good for u

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

ahhh ! change to carbon ceramic brakes ! :D come come .. meet us for our gathering and we share with you more safety mods to ensure you drive safety !

Really cannot tahan the brake dust anymore. Got my hands all dirty when pumping up the tyres. Think i want to change to ceramic brake pads. Any recommendation on where to go?

Pads generate more dust when new.

If you want to change, try forum sponsors, Sonic Racing.

Less dusty pads might mean more sound or increased rotor wear.

How long normally will it take for the brakes to settle down? I drive quite slow one - normally 90km/h - 100km/h and dont chiong a lot.

Really cannot tahan the brake dust anymore. Got my hands all dirty when pumping up the tyres. Think i want to change to ceramic brake pads. Any recommendation on where to go?

I've got cheaper option for you. Leave a pack of tissue in your car. Use it to unscrew/screw tyre caps. :)

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

It depends on how much you use the brakes and not how far or how fast you travel.

Try bedding in the brakes. Procedure for street pads is very easy compared to high temperature race pads.

Find a nice stretch of highway, late at night. Bring the car to 100km/h than brake normally to 30km/h, and immediately repeat 4 more times. Drive without using the using brakes for 5 minutes so that temperatures can equalise. Repeat 100 to 30 km/h braking but this time hard without triggering ABS. Complete 5 sets than drive for 10 minutes for rotor temperature to cool. Done.

Will give it a try. Thanks for the advice.