• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

CD-text not display on the Audio 20

Guest angela

Guest angela

I just got my new E230 with a front loading 1 + 6 disc changer. The system that comes with the car is Audio 20. I realize that the CD changer can actually play mp3, but it cannot display the title of the song, only shows "track 1", "track 2", etc. This happens on the CD display and also on the driver's speedometer.

Anyone has experience whether the system can display text?

Guest angela

Thanks. ;D My name is saltydog because I like marine fish and dog. hehehe. So you guess it, I have a marine coral reef tank setup and many dogs in my house. ;D ;D ;D

So anyone else who have answer to my questions?

Guest RRRoaring

Thanks. ;D My name is saltydog because I like marine fish and dog. hehehe. So you guess it, I have a marine coral reef tank setup and many dogs in my house. ;D ;D ;D

So anyone else who have answer to my questions?

Hi... I'm also a marine tank fan.... Get a good skimmer and chiller - all you need to be happy. The only thing that will allow you to see the track names etc on the speedo display is an iPod kit which I had fitted in my car and this is great. The display on the CD20 unti will not display track names but just Input Active.

Guest angela

Wow...so happy to find someone who has the same hobby. hehehe

Yes, good skimmer and chiller are very important. I'm using deltec 1004 skimmer and deltec 1003 CR for my 6ft tank. How is your setup?

I understand that the ipod kit only work with audio 50, not audio 20. So I'm doomed. Surprise to see in the USA website that some people who use the audio 20 with the 6-disc changer can play MP3 and see the title. I wonder how they do it.

Guest angela

Has anyone else tried this? Does the CD-text works for the audio20 on your car? Mine only shows "track1", "track2" on the display, and the speedometer.

Guest RRRoaring

Sorry Saltydog... been away overseas so did not see your reply. Me going for Aquamedic 5000 Baby on my 5.5x2.5x2.0 tank. Have 1hp LG chiller wired to sump tank. Audio20 in my car supports all titles with iPod kit installed ! Also have 6 CD changer and all goes well. There are some bugs in the iPod kit I would caution you. skips certain tracks. Only thing is that no Chinese language support on the display.

Guest angela

Sorry Saltydog... been away overseas so did not see your reply. Me going for Aquamedic 5000 Baby on my 5.5x2.5x2.0 tank. Have 1hp LG chiller wired to sump tank. Audio20 in my car supports all titles with iPod kit installed ! Also have 6 CD changer and all goes well. There are some bugs in the iPod kit I would caution you. skips certain tracks. Only thing is that no Chinese language support on the display.

So you are aquamedic fan, and I'm deltec fan. hehehe. Are you mostly keeping sps? How is the 1hp LG chiller? I'm using an outdoor chiller as well....same brand as daeil. My tank is 6ft x 2.5 x2.5 and I'm keeping mostly lps and softies.

For the audio20, I am quite surprise as I was told by my car salesman that it cannot be connected to Ipod. only Audio 50 can. Where did you do your ipod connection? Can give me the contact?

As for the mp3 title, what software do you use to burn your CD? How do you make it display the mp3 title on the audio20 display, and also the instrument cluster?

BTW, can you pm me your contact number that I can call you to discuss further? Thanks so much.

Guest jenvid

Audio20 in my car supports all titles with iPod kit installed ! Also have 6 CD changer and all goes well. There are some bugs in the iPod kit I would caution you. skips certain tracks. Only thing is that no Chinese language support on the display.

For the audio20, I am quite surprise as I was told by my car salesman that it cannot be connected to Ipod. only Audio 50 can. Where did you do your ipod connection? Can give me the contact?

deh...Audio20 for W211 is the only odd one out that cant integrate with iPod. :'(

C&C themselves have personally tried also no go... too many customers complain....

Guest angela

Any of you have tried out the mp3 disc to see if the audio20 display the title? I read in the UK forum that some one did and was working perfectly. Some used itune and nero to burn the disc which I have tried but not successful. I can only play mp3 but no title.

Guest angela

hey guys, my dad's W203 has audio 20 in it, it was bought 1 year ago in april.

so far it can only play normal audio cds and it doesnt display the title of the track, but in a toyota with a sony radio, the titles can be seen, so it isnt the fault of the cd.

i tried burning an mp3 disc, but the audio 20 only displays "track 1" and no sound is heard. i could see that the max time was 79mins and some secs. tested on other radios and they work.

ive been burning on CDRWs.

any tips to play mp3s on the audio 20?

Guest jenvid

The Audio20 single disc slot cant read MP3, only the changer can. Nope u cant get the text out either AFAIK. Also I think CDR is the farthest you can go. CDRW is a no no...

It is an irony that even the cheapo japan HU can do all this but the stk MB HU cant... To think that my 03 W203 even came with cassette player... *faint*

Guest angela

The Audio20 single disc slot cant read MP3, only the changer can. Nope u cant get the text out either AFAIK. Also I think CDR is the farthest you can go. CDRW is a no no...

It is an irony that even the cheapo japan HU can do all this but the stk MB HU cant... To think that my 03 W203 even came with cassette player... *faint*

alrite. i'll will give the mp3 discs a shot once i get the opportunity. probably tmr morning when i get the chance to use the car..

you mentioned that its not advisable to use CDRW, how come?

Guest kepiting1sg
To think that my 03 W203 even came with cassette player... *faint*

Why complain of having a cassette player?????

My pleasure Island Jeep cums with a D-Din Single CD, Tuner and off course cassette player. Once awhile I pop in some old recorded cassette and it brings back the good olde days.........MB gip U extra, U also hiam!!!!.....wahahaha! ;D ;D ;D

BTW some of the cassette recordings were recorded live for me by Pleasure Island Disco DJs when they were spinning the vinyls while on their job....sipeh song!....really brought me back to the goode olde days..... ;D ;D ;D

Guest angela

Yeah, it is a little bit disappointing isn't it? Imagine how much you pay for the car and the stereo is so primitive.

BTW, I've tried to start my engine today with my door open. I couldn't believe the engine was so rough and loud for the first 5 minutes. Totally doesn't seem like a brand new car that only clock about 1000km. Of course the car is complete silent when you shut the door, but that's not the point.

Guest jenvid

Do u not get the feeling that it actually sounded like the comfort diesel taxi ?

Waah after so long still only 1k on the car. Is it really my precious ? hehe..

Guest angela

Do u not get the feeling that it actually sounded like the comfort diesel taxi ?

Waah after so long still only 1k on the car. Is it really my precious ? hehe..

Not sure about the comfort taxi. Have not sat in one for a long time. :)

Yes, only 1k km on the car. Too precious to drive, so park in my house most of the time, and only drive my 9 year old w210. :)

Guest RRRoaring

Ha ha.... done 24K in 6 months in mine !! Confirm that the Audio20 does not display MP3 titles. Only iPod integration kit does it all. Your engine roughness hopefully goes away after about 5K miles which should be run in all all speeds (but not excessive). Hope you are on synthetic oil.

Guest angela

Ha ha.... done 24K in 6 months in mine !! Confirm that the Audio20 does not display MP3 titles. Only iPod integration kit does it all. Your engine roughness hopefully goes away after about 5K miles which should be run in all all speeds (but not excessive). Hope you are on synthetic oil.

You are right. This was also confirmed by another bro that the audio20 doesn't display title unless is through the ipod interface kit.