• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

handle broke

Guest Cklasse

Guest Cklasse

My front right door internal handle broke !

I can't believe a Mercedes-Benz door handle broke off after 3 years of pulling it to close the door. Either the quality is lousy or the door is damn heavy, or I have big bicep.

;D

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jenvid

Well, my multifunction turning indicator broke exactly 1 day after warranty ends...I simply couldnt believe it...

Bought a new one in Austria(22% VAT) & fix it back... C&C quoted $400, paid $130 including tax, $45 to install...

U know it is good to work in a German MNC if u love ur Merc... hehe...

Wish u luck getting the handle fixed...It aint what it used to be.

While on the topic of things breaking apart, if ur car engine mount is worn (strong vibration within the car during cold start), u may also want to consider replacing the radiator fluid return tube($100+ OEM part)... It is a very fragile thingy.

Guest angela

This is not the first time I heard interior door handles breaking, there are many cases reported in C&C already.

My front right door internal handle broke !

I can't believe a Mercedes-Benz door handle broke off after 3 years of pulling it to close the door. Either the quality is lousy or the door is damn heavy, or I have big bicep.

;D

Guest Cklasse

If only it happened earlier before warranty expires.....this handle cost me $85 from MBM, not including manhours.

I am very resistant to taking the door panel apart to change the handle.....anyone knows is it necessary to take door panel apart for this handle replacement?