• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing blues & engine oil

Guest Archer

Guest Archer

Ok apart from the hefty servicing bill, i would like to ask if they are supposed to wash and vacuum your car too? I thought this came standard with every servicing?

Also, would anyone please tell me how often should I check my engine oil? When i checked it at 6000+km, it was nearly empty and I had the shock of my life. The 2nd shocker was that C&C later topped it up with shell helix 40D. Would that consistency be adequet for a supercharged engine?

pls advice

:-\

Guest Sareve

How much does your servicing cost? I've been told that I should not have serviced at C&C after my warranty ran out unless I bought some servicing package from them.

They do wash and vacuum my car though, but their service ends there. Some of our members have had replacement cars given to them to drive while they were servicing their cars, however, I've always had to walk out to the road to take a cab by myself. I believe it all boils down to whether you're on good terms with your SE.

Guest Raskie

Also, would anyone please tell me how often should I check my engine oil? When i checked it at 6000+km, it was nearly empty and I had the shock of my life. The 2nd shocker was that C&C later topped it up with shell helix 40D. Would that consistency be adequet for a supercharged engine?

if yr car loses so much of engine oil in between standard service interval, there might be a bigger problem with leakages ... suggest you get C&C to do some detail checks. Normal engine oil shd not be nearly empty esp at 6K !

:banghead:

Guest Archer

How much does your servicing cost? I've been told that I should not have serviced at C&C after my warranty ran out unless I bought some servicing package from them.

They do wash and vacuum my car though, but their service ends there. Some of our members have had replacement cars given to them to drive while they were servicing their cars, however, I've always had to walk out to the road to take a cab by myself. I believe it all boils down to whether you're on good terms with your SE.

But i wouldnt trust anybody else to service my car tho....i mean if i'm going to pay premium price then i expect premium serivce. i'm going to ask them properly at my next servicing. i refuse to be shortchanged! :censored:

Guest Sareve

I wouldn't say they have premium service, they're really damn slow and I don't think they give particularly great service. I've been told that MBM gives the same kind of service at a much lower price, I'll be sending my car there the next time round. I had to pay 1.5k the previous round, that's pretty overpriced if you ask me.

Previously, when i cracked the undercarriage of my car, they took over a month to get the replacement part shipped in when they promised me 2 weeks. Now, some part of my car kinda fell off, I asked them to get it replaced for me, but they never got back to me after telling me they'd have it ready in a week.

Guest sy69u

Ok apart from the hefty servicing bill, i would like to ask if they are supposed to wash and vacuum your car too? I thought this came standard with every servicing?

pls advice

bro, just wondering if u checked it when u just switched of ur engine. can only check once the engine cools down. if the engine still hot, there will indication tat the oil level is almost empty.

Guest Archer

I wouldn't say they have premium service, they're really damn slow and I don't think they give particularly great service. I've been told that MBM gives the same kind of service at a much lower price, I'll be sending my car there the next time round. I had to pay 1.5k the previous round, that's pretty overpriced if you ask me.

Previously, when i cracked the undercarriage of my car, they took over a month to get the replacement part shipped in when they promised me 2 weeks. Now, some part of my car kinda fell off, I asked them to get it replaced for me, but they never got back to me after telling me they'd have it ready in a week.

wah lau that's damn shiong la. At where I work, we have staff discounts for benz servicing and there was a part which says "complimentary grooming (polish) services for service bills over $2000"..I was thinking 'who da hell goes to service his car and comes out bitch-slapped with a >$2k bill!?'...after my last service which cost me $500, now I know why...

Guest Archer

pls advice

bro, just wondering if u checked it when u just switched of ur engine. can only check once the engine cools down. if the engine still hot, there will indication tat the oil level is almost empty.

the engine was cold, bro. that's why i was quite in a state of shock. ??? Anyway i just checked the oil level (cold engine) and the level is alright. I also checked the concrete carpark floor after I pulled out of the lot to see if there was oil leakage and found none. This incident has made me a lil paranoid.

But thanks for ur advice man. Appreciate it!

:afro:

Guest sy69u

wow!! engine was cold... i did my 1st servicing at 10k at c&c. before that, i didnt even check the level. did not notice any trouble. think i better check it out once in a while.