• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Blackvue for SLK

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installing it for SLK is the same as installing it for any other rides. Have seen a few SLK with DVR installed already. Just choose the DVR you want and get it installed.

I did my installation at Garage R. My previous ride was serviced by them so more comfortable with them handling my cars. My set is on the standard Power Magic module which taps IU power from fuse box so that the system is able to run on Park mode. Wiring very nicely done and fully hidden... Too bad I wasn't able to make it to the last GTG else I could have shown you there...

Got it from shochong in MCF... Used to be on Blackvue DR400G but the unit had severe over-heating problems due to my long-term parking under hot sun (work hazard! :)) shochong had my set replaced with DR380 and now it's functioning like a charm under the sun.

• 1 month later...

Hey Tanzy,

I'm gonna get a camera installed. Can't decide on Blackvue DR380 or 400. Is there some heat issue with 400 as mentioned earlier in this thread? Pls let me know how the product is working after a few days? :)

Will go to Soundwerkz to get it done. They did my ICE setup. Professional outfit with good service and reasonable price.

Installed Blackvue DR400G-HD II at Soundwerkz today. Not as straightforward as I though. Needed to take power from the fuze box in the boot, which is troublesome. Overall, very clean and good work by them. Monitoring the performance of the camera. It is definitely running hot from the first minute onwards.

Bro, what's the installation cost at soundwerkz? I got myself a 400g hd2 from a group buy from Vw forum and wanna install in my c-coupe :)