• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hello everyone

mobilefriend

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. Due to the high price of the COE, my wife has decided to keep her 5 year old CL203 180K C-Class Coupe which she owned from day 1. I must say it is a very decent car since it already came with pretty nice trimmings, leather seats etc when we first got it. Since we're keep it for a while, there are several things I need to get "sorted", a few nuances that will otherwise make it a great car for my wife. I would really appreciate if the brothers and sisters on this forum can chime in to help me with this project:

1. Audio. I have read most of the threads on MS-8 on this forum and still pondering my options. She listens to jazz most of the time so probably just need to improve the sound stage and clarity of the vocals. Just nice door speaker replacement will do?

2. iPod interface. Anyone knows if getting the iPod cable and having it installed is all I have to do?

3. Performance. The lag during acceleration is pretty long. Any currently available "black box" solution to improve the performance? I wouldn't go beyond stage 1 so as not to strain the engine too much.

4. Nice bodykits? The CL203 has a high back-side, which otherwise will make it a very sleek car. I have googled the web and don't seem to come across any elegant bodykit for the car other than the Brabus lips which are quite nice but meant for the older bumpers. The Prior design ones are a bit over the edge for me.

5. She's currently running repro 18" AMG rims but I'm keep a look out for nice 18" BBS or AMG originals.

I have great experience with Koni FSD and Micheline Pilot Sports so that will certainly be the way to sort out the tires and shocks.

Really appreciate any inputs for the above-mentioned and also any MAJOR issues that I will be encountering with the car i.e. preventive measures. The mileage is currently 60k. Thanks in advance and great forum.

rgds

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI , welcome to our family . do join us at our monthly gathering and you can get all the answers you need and even look at some of our bros cars for inspiration :) also check out our site sponsor column and do a search as most of your question has been discussed ;)

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. Due to the high price of the COE, my wife has decided to keep her 5 year old CL203 180K C-Class Coupe which she owned from day 1. I must say it is a very decent car since it already came with pretty nice trimmings, leather seats etc when we first got it. Since we're keep it for a while, there are several things I need to get "sorted", a few nuances that will otherwise make it a great car for my wife. I would really appreciate if the brothers and sisters on this forum can chime in to help me with this project:

1. Audio. I have read most of the threads on MS-8 on this forum and still pondering my options. She listens to jazz most of the time so probably just need to improve the sound stage and clarity of the vocals. Just nice door speaker replacement will do?

2. iPod interface. Anyone knows if getting the iPod cable and having it installed is all I have to do?

3. Performance. The lag during acceleration is pretty long. Any currently available "black box" solution to improve the performance? I wouldn't go beyond stage 1 so as not to strain the engine too much.

4. Nice bodykits? The CL203 has a high back-side, which otherwise will make it a very sleek car. I have googled the web and don't seem to come across any elegant bodykit for the car other than the Brabus lips which are quite nice but meant for the older bumpers. The Prior design ones are a bit over the edge for me.

5. She's currently running repro 18" AMG rims but I'm keep a look out for nice 18" BBS or AMG originals.

I have great experience with Koni FSD and Micheline Pilot Sports so that will certainly be the way to sort out the tires and shocks.

Really appreciate any inputs for the above-mentioned and also any MAJOR issues that I will be encountering with the car i.e. preventive measures. The mileage is currently 60k. Thanks in advance and great forum.

rgds

1 and 2 - look under ICE section

3. look for site sponsors like dr hannson or monster tune as most of our bros have great reviews from them ;)

4. bodykits and poisons try asking our site sponsor like J's Magic , GMS carwerkz

5. yes AMG rims are sexier IMO, Again.. site sponsors :D if theres a budget, you also can get replica AMG rims

Micheline Pilot Sports and continental sports contact is good , for handling and better looking , lower your ride with H&R / bilstein springs :)

just my noob 0.000002 cents thoughts :D

Thank you for taking the time to reply MercZai! I'll read thru the post and your recommendations thoroughly!

Rgds

1 and 2 - look under ICE section

3. look for site sponsors like dr hannson or monster tune as most of our bros have great reviews from them ;)

4. bodykits and poisons try asking our site sponsor like J's Magic , GMS carwerkz

5. yes AMG rims are sexier IMO, Again.. site sponsors :D if theres a budget, you also can get replica AMG rims

Micheline Pilot Sports and continental sports contact is good , for handling and better looking , lower your ride with H&R / bilstein springs :)

just my noob 0.000002 cents thoughts :D