• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hi Everyone - newbie here...

meekfreek

Hi Everyone,

It's my first time here and I'd just like to say hi and do a brief intro and kindly ask for some advice....

I've been a faithful BMW driver for many, many years (really had enough of PML aftersales)....until today stepped into the C&C showroom to take a peek at the E-class as there is a promo.

Test drove the E200 and its quite nice....includes the AMG body kit with sports brakes (high spec I was told). OMV is $53,000

1000 days free COE ($26K overtrade) + $4k cash discount reduces the price of the E200 to $234,888. The SE offered to put in free GPS and parking assist (reverse camera) - I was told this is just software. Also will prob get number retention free.

Is this a good deal? It is only for the E-Class models, not the coupe or cabriolet.

I checked on sgcarmart and the resale on a 2011 E200 sedan is around $205,000 give or take. So is 1st year depreciation on an E200 of around $30K - $40K considered ok?

I have a couple of cosmetic issues with the car....the grill and the badge that sticks up is weird with the AMG kit. I asked the SE if I could get it changed to the flat badge and star grill. He said no. I guess I have to go aftermarket. Can anyone give me a hint as to where to get this done?

The rims are 5 spoke 18" alloys. They seem kind of small I thought. They do not seem to be AMG rims. Do most of you keep the 18" wheels and rims or do you change them? What brand goes with Merc besides AMG? For BMW, its AC Schnitzer, Breyton etc....

Finally, the E-class seems to be 3 years into its life-cycle....2010 model (manufactured in 2012) Is it expecting a facelift soon?

So sorry for all the questions lah....I am very new to Mercedes....one last question....what additonal specs are worth getting? Command APS? Harmon Cardon hi-fi? Sunblinds?

Thanks in advance and appreciate any advice you may have. Have a good weekend everyone!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

It's my first time here and I'd just like to say hi and do a brief intro and kindly ask for some advice....

I've been a faithful BMW driver for many, many years (really had enough of PML aftersales)....until today stepped into the C&C showroom to take a peek at the E-class as there is a promo.

Test drove the E200 and its quite nice....includes the AMG body kit with sports brakes (high spec I was told). OMV is $53,000

1000 days free COE ($26K overtrade) + $4k cash discount reduces the price of the E200 to $234,888. The SE offered to put in free GPS and parking assist (reverse camera) - I was told this is just software. Also will prob get number retention free.

Is this a good deal? It is only for the E-Class models, not the coupe or cabriolet.

I checked on sgcarmart and the resale on a 2011 E200 sedan is around $205,000 give or take. So is 1st year depreciation on an E200 of around $30K - $40K considered ok?

I have a couple of cosmetic issues with the car....the grill and the badge that sticks up is weird with the AMG kit. I asked the SE if I could get it changed to the flat badge and star grill. He said no. I guess I have to go aftermarket. Can anyone give me a hint as to where to get this done?

The rims are 5 spoke 18" alloys. They seem kind of small I thought. They do not seem to be AMG rims. Do most of you keep the 18" wheels and rims or do you change them? What brand goes with Merc besides AMG? For BMW, its AC Schnitzer, Breyton etc....

Finally, the E-class seems to be 3 years into its life-cycle....2010 model (manufactured in 2012) Is it expecting a facelift soon?

So sorry for all the questions lah....I am very new to Mercedes....one last question....what additonal specs are worth getting? Command APS? Harmon Cardon hi-fi? Sunblinds?

Thanks in advance and appreciate any advice you may have. Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi.. Welcome to this wonderful family... You'll be surprised by tomorrow how fast the response will be... IMHO... I would consider E200 underpowered... If u have e budget.. I would strongly suggest to get the E250... And as for aftermarket stuffs... Well there are sponsors in our forum which will provide the services that u will want... Eg: coupe grill with flat AMG badge... PH TRADING... Peter.. And many more for tuning... Rims....check them out... They'll help you turn your ride into something you'll like... Come to our GTG... Last sunday of each month and see for yourself all the poison we have induced to our rides... For some may suit u...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Hi again, and thanks for warm welcome.

Went to C&C today with the other half....who did not like the E-sedan at all - even with the AMG kit. But there was one display unit left of the E-coupe in red (with panoramic sunroof) which is not our first choice colour but grew on us. After much negotiation and phone calls by SE to Sales Manager we agreed to take it at what I thought was a great price.

Just as the SE was about to swipe my card for the deposit the SE that was at the credit card machine ahead of him got that car for another couple. So missed out....and came home empty handed.

Sad but true....to book a black on black E-coupe gotta wait til Feb 2013.