• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

OIL CHANGE AT 5000KM

Guest nemo

Hi Bros I wanna do 5000k oil change at MBM. Can I use Mobil 1 Gold 0-40w a not huh. Can B170 take this engine oil well. I know CnC using Helix. And if i finally go for the 15000KM service at CnC can I bring my own engine oil. Will the deduct the engine oil cost?

Guest Onzal

Coincidentally, I also have the same plan. How much does MBM charge for a simple oil change and do their oil filter and drain plug comply to that of C & C to retain warranty?

Guest Raskie

When using Fully Synthetic Oil, is it really necessary to do 5000km oil change ? Assuming day-to-day driving with no tracking ???

Personally I think it's not nec ...

Thoughts ? ???

Guest Raskie

well it is all up to individual, for brand new car i change at 1k & 5k and next every 10k.

i believe for new cars, AD will put in mineral oil and thus the need to change out at 1k, 5k and 10k .. thereafter, once synthetic is used, it is the usual 10k interval ...

hmmmm ... guess it's personal ...

Guest BlackAmour

Isn't the advise to service at 15km from CnC valid? ??? I tot only jap cars u service at 1,5 and 10km.

Kompressor ]

When using Fully Synthetic Oil, is it really necessary to do 5000km oil change ? Assuming day-to-day driving with no tracking ???

Personally I think it' wrote:

well it is all up to individual, for brand new car i change at 1k & 5k and next every 10k.

Guest 777kenny

Isn't the advise to service at 15km from CnC valid? ??? I tot only jap cars u service at 1,5 and 10km.

Again, it is individual preference. Like washing of car, some people wash once a week, while some wash once a year. For me, I will just stick to the 15k km. The car won't die...and its resale value will be the same.

Guest 9339

you can also service every 50k if you want too as it will not affect resale value too.

I service my car every 5K, sorry to say, paying that much for a Merc, whats that few hundred in erevry 3 month....