• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ECU Piggyback on MB Cars

Guest cylee

Hi,

Would love some feedback on the Racechip Ultimate for the A200/CLA200 too.  Not collecting my car till next year but have already been quoted $1080 for the chip by Euroaccessories.  Seems like it's a really quick install and perhaps I can take it out prior to servicing - it is serviced once every 15k kms after all which is about 9-10 months.  199hp and 320nm from the 1.6l looks too good to ignore but am really wondering about better fuel economy?

I rang up Speedhaus and got quoted $950.  That's a 13% difference.  Also rang up Monster Tune and was quoted $1200 for an extra 20hp and 35nm (which is around half the increase the RC Ultimate offers).  So Speedhaus it is!  Thanks for the advice guys.

I have tried both, Monster Tune is worth the difference in price.

Hi All,

I am new here. Just brought a 2yrs old E250 W212. When I went for servicing at Auto Spritze, the technician told me my car has a piggyback installed but "inter-cooler" is still stock. I notice my temperature gauge is often at 75%. Is it due to the piggyback? Was quoted 2.5k to upgrade to a bigger intercooler. Is it a Must to upgrade? Tks!!

It's normal for the temperature for our cars to stay around that range..... It's not a must to me...... FYI... I'm also driving the same ride as yours... Fitted with piggyback and TRD.... So far so good..... Like they all say... Nothing helps your ride better than a trip down MEMORY LANE (NSHW).... So do join us when one is arranged.....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

It's normal for the temperature for our cars to stay around that range..... It's not a must to me...... FYI... I'm also driving the same ride as yours... Fitted with piggyback and TRD.... So far so good..... Like they all say... Nothing helps your ride better than a trip down MEMORY LANE (NSHW).... So do join us when one is arranged.....

Thanks Bro.  I will look forward to the next gathering!  ' )

Hi All,

I am new here. Just brought a 2yrs old E250 W212. When I went for servicing at Auto Spritze, the technician told me my car has a piggyback installed but "inter-cooler" is still stock. I notice my temperature gauge is often at 75%. Is it due to the piggyback? Was quoted 2.5k to upgrade to a bigger intercooler. Is it a Must to upgrade? Tks!!

My last car was from BMW , the water temperature stay 90C and now my A250 also the same. If ECU has been upgraded , the temperature should remain the same. Water temperature will rise if you go tracking at full throttle . Rules of the thumb, any ECU has been upgraded for tracking or racing, the stock radiator cannot cope with the excessive amount of heat during racing on track. 

• Like 1

Thanks bro. Then I should be fine; no tracking and racing for me. As I normally only drives +20% to 25% to speed limit on SG road. : )

My last car was from BMW , the water temperature stay 90C and now my A250 also the same. If ECU has been upgraded , the temperature should remain the same. Water temperature will rise if you go tracking at full throttle . Rules of the thumb, any ECU has been upgraded for tracking or racing, the stock radiator cannot cope with the excessive amount of heat during racing on track.

'i had my C180 CGI tune with unichip version Q by Andrew and i loved it. after dyno i have ard 220 BHP and 400+ touque have to dig out my dyno sheet from my file somewhere….'

Bro. What's ur TCF on ur dyno chart?

How you achieve 400+nm, any other mods added? Is yours 1.8l or 1.6l engine?

Wow 400 plus torque and 220 bhp. how you achieve it on c180 with racechip?

Anyway I got mine long ago from Lawrence from Euro Accessories.. a very nice guy. Just visited him recently, reflashed firmware . The other time when need to send for servicing, he helped to remove for me as well.. for those with C180, should know 1 of the connection point is quite troublesome / difficult to reach.. but now I learnt how to do it myself already! :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...