g8crasher

Equipment!

74 posts in this topic

Seems like many are into photography in 1 way or another! Doesn't matter if you use a compact or a DSLR. This section is for photography buffs to share equipment related news or specific setups (if any)!

camera-brands.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I start the ball rolling... I'm into SLR and DSLR.

My SLR setup:

Body - Nikon FG, FM2 and F90

Lens - Sigma 28mm F2.8, Nikkor 35-70mm & 100-300mm

My DSLR setup:

Body - Canon 5dMkII with battery grip BG-E6

Lens - Canon 16-35mmL F2.8, 50mmL F1.2, 85mmL F1.2, 100mmL Micro F2.8, 70-200mmL MkII F2.8 & extender EF II x2

Flash - 580EXII x02

Tripod - Vanguard

Camera Bag - Lowepro

Hope they rest can share their setup and experiences...:bounce:

Calling Unker!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

desmondtoo wrote:

Ok, I start the ball rolling... I'm into SLR and DSLR.

My SLR setup:

Body - Nikon FG, FM2 and F90

Lens - Sigma 28mm F2.8, Nikkor 35-70mm & 100-300mm

My DSLR setup:

Body - Canon 5dMkII with battery grip BG-E6

Lens - Canon 16-35mmL F2.8, 50mmL F1.2, 85mmL F1.2, 100mmL Micro F2.8, 70-200mmL MkII F2.8 & extender EF II x2

Flash - 580EXII x02

Tripod - Vanguard

Camera Bag - Lowepro

Hope they rest can share their setup and experiences...:bounce:

Calling Unker!!!

whoa bro...expensive lenses....top of the line....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

karilaksa wrote:

whoa bro...expensive lenses....top of the line....

Hahaha...collection over the years.:becky:

You into photography as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

desmondtoo wrote:

Hahaha...collection over the years.:becky:

You into photography as well...

only got 5dMk2 with kit lens,580exII, most of times hibernating inside dry cabinet...

mostly into underwater with pns canon s95/ikelite combo/inon macro lenses/inon d2000 strobe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

karilaksa wrote:

only got 5dMk2 with kit lens,580exII, most of times hibernating inside dry cabinet...

mostly into underwater with pns canon s95/ikelite combo/inon macro lenses/inon d2000 strobe

Take it out of the cabinet...ok will Jio you for photo shoot...:Becky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

desmondtoo wrote:

Take it out of the cabinet...ok will Jio you for photo shoot...:Becky:

good...can fiddle with ur expensive lenses....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

karilaksa wrote:

good...can fiddle with ur expensive lenses....lol

Hahaha...Welcome to use them!!!:becky:

How's your E-Cabrio buying? Confirmed liao...:bounce:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

desmondtoo wrote:

Ok, I start the ball rolling... I'm into SLR and DSLR.

My SLR setup:

Body - Nikon FG, FM2 and F90

Lens - Sigma 28mm F2.8, Nikkor 35-70mm & 100-300mm

My DSLR setup:

Body - Canon 5dMkII with battery grip BG-E6

Lens - Canon 16-35mmL F2.8, 50mmL F1.2, 85mmL F1.2, 100mmL Micro F2.8, 70-200mmL MkII F2.8 & extender EF II x2

Flash - 580EXII x02

Tripod - Vanguard

Camera Bag - Lowepro

Hope they rest can share their setup and experiences...:bounce:

Calling Unker!!!

Nice nice nice..

I've sold alot of equipment off but have just started rebuilding the collection. Would love to have some of your lenses!

Existing Compact PNS

Leica D-Lux4

Lumix LX-3

DSLR

Body - EOS 300D my "chor eng" camera.

Body - EOS 5D hibernating in dry cabinet. Recent service at Canon.

Flash - 430EX II

Lenses for 300D - Tamron 17-35mm, 18-55mm EF-S

Bag - Lowepro Nova AW200

Tripod - Manfrotto 190XB + 488RC2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

g8crasher wrote:

Nice nice nice..

I've sold alot of equipment off but have just started rebuilding the collection. Would love to have some of your lenses!

Existing Compact PNS

Leica D-Lux4

Lumix LX-3

DSLR

Body - EOS 300D my "chor eng" camera.

Body - EOS 5D hibernating in dry cabinet. Recent service at Canon.

Flash - 430EX II

Lenses for 300D - Tamron 17-35mm, 18-55mm EF-S

Bag - Lowepro Nova AW200

Tripod - Manfrotto 190XB + 488RC2

Nice gears - like to check out your 5D and Leica too!

Hmm... in fact we shld do a little shooting on the 30th GTG...

Bro Karilaksa, bring your gears and meet up at Star Black...:bounce:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Existing PNS

Canon IXUS 300, Canon S3IS, Canon IXUS 850IS

SLR

Body: Nikon F4S

Body: Nikon 801S with MF-21 Multi Control Data Back

Flash: Nikon SB24

DSLR

Body: Nikon D700 with MB-D10 Battery Grip

Flash: SB-900

Lens: Nikon

AF Nikkor 50mm f1.4D (Japan)

AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED

AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR

AF Nikkor Zoom 80-200 f2.8

AF-S VR Zoom 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF

Tripod: SLIK Pro 624CF with Manfrotto 494RC2

Dry Cabinets

AM-Pro - AD040 - Analog

AIPO- AP102EX - Digital Control

Digi-Cabi - DHC-080II - Digital Control

Bags

Lowepro Flipside 300

Crumpler 5M$H

Crumpler 7M$H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lightning, you can check Unker's AF-S VR 70-300mm...should be the one you're enquiring...

Guys, bring your gears on the 30th ya...:bounce:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

desmondtoo wrote:

Lightning, you can check Unker's AF-S VR 70-300mm...should be the one you're enquiring...

Guys, bring your gears on the 30th ya...:bounce:

Ya tks... Me noob, enquiring on behalf of my son...:becky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightning wrote:

Ya tks... Me noob, enquiring on behalf of my son...:becky:

It's a very good range...Hm...only if its F2.8...:mmph:

Unker, time to upgrade your 80-200mm to the 70-200mmVR2...:becky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII- Big $$$ cost more the D700 body

Too f$#king heavy!

That's why got the 70-300mm.

Light, sharp, big bang for your $$$ unless U taking pictures for nite F1 races....hehehe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kepiting1sg wrote:

AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII- Big $$$ cost more the D700 body

Too f$#king heavy!

That's why got the 70-300mm.

Light, sharp, big bang for your $$$ unless U taking pictures for nite F1 races....hehehe!

The 70-200mmVR2 is one of the sharpest copy produced till date... You be amaze by the quality of the shoots...

70-300mm is a very good range lens, pity it's limited by the f4-5-5.6.

Totally agrees with you on the weight & $$$ aspects!:becky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bro Des, Top quality  but boh lui & with my "interest" it will be a waste sitting in the cabinet most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kepiting1sg wrote:

Bro Des, Top quality  but boh lui & with my "interest" it will be a waste sitting in the cabinet most of the time.

:becky: i am on Nikon also ... just got myself a D7000, so can help you to put your Nikkor lens in good use...:photo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightning wrote:

:becky: i am on Nikon also ... just got myself a D7000, so can help you to put your Nikkor lens in good use...:photo:

Bro Norman,

D7000 is a good choice of DSLR :hand:

That AF-S 80-200mm VRII f/2.8 lens Bro Des talked about can be considered the current best for a tele-zoom lens.

The one that I have is an ancient one that doesn't focus as quickly as the current one though still very sharp. (This old lens already weigh 1.2kg) :becky:

This current AF-S tele zoom is meant for a full frame FX DSLR and current price is around $3K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kepiting1sg wrote:

Bro Norman,

D7000 is a good choice of DSLR :hand:

That AF-S 80-200mm VRII f/2.8 lens Bro Des talked about can be considered the current best for a tele-zoom lens.

The one that I have is an ancient one that doesn't focus as quickly as the current one though still very sharp. (This old lens already weigh 1.2kg) :becky:

This current AF-S tele zoom is meant for a full frame FX DSLR and current price is around $3K.

hehe...not ready to invest 3K for this tok kong lens yet...maybe later...meanwhile, I think $700+ for AF-S VR Zoom 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF should be good enough :becky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightning wrote:

hehe...not ready to invest 3K for this tok kong lens yet...maybe later...meanwhile, I think $700+ for AF-S VR Zoom 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF should be good enough :becky:

New one is around S$730

An used one < 1 year around S$600 @ Clubsnap

Review

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/70-300-vr.htm

Specs & Details

http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem.php?pid=903-8c5b1906f6

(price are only indicative listed price and not actual retail price)

IMHO for your D7000 if U do not have this as your kit lens, pay "a little more" & get the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II

This would be a better buy - 1 lens for everything.

This lens imho is more suited for your DX D7000 than the AF-S 70-300 which IIRC is more for a FX DSLR.

Review

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18-200mm-ii.htm

Specs & Details

http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem.php?pid=1324-08eb88990c

(price are only indicative listed price and not actual retail price)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kepiting1sg wrote:

New one is around S$730

IMHO for your D7000 if U do not have this as your kit lens, pay "a little more" & get the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II

This would be a better buy - 1 lens for everything.

This lens imho is more suited for your DX D7000 than the AF-S 70-300 which IIRC is more for a FX DSLR.

Range wise I think dependent on what you want to shoot. I would personally go for the 18-200mm over the 70-300mm. More versatile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

g8crasher wrote:

Range wise I think dependent on what you want to shoot. I would personally go for the 18-200mm over the 70-300mm. More versatile.

That's what I recommended Bro Lightning to go for the 18-200mm instead.

Beside 1 lens for all occasions, this lens VRII was released only in 2009.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This my underwater setup:

5606231118_b14181c7f9_b.jpg

Misc1032 by Thedi David, on Flickr

Canon EOS 7D - Sea & Sea MDX-7D

Canon EF 100 mm IS L

Canon EFS 60 mm

Tokina 10-17 FE

Sea & Sea Port S & 52

Sea & Sea Compact Dome

Sea & Sea SX 25 mm Adapter

Sea & Sea NX Port Base

Sea & Sea DX-1G

Sea & Sea YS-110A x 2

Sea & Sea YS-17

Light & Motion Sola 600

Sh*t load of ULCS arms and clamps

For land setup:

Olympus EP1

M4/3 14-42 MSCII

M4/3 17 mm pancake

FL36R flash gun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

knighthunter wrote:

This my underwater setup:

5606231118_b14181c7f9_b.jpg

Misc1032 by Thedi David, on Flickr

Canon EOS 7D - Sea & Sea MDX-7D

Canon EF 100 mm IS L

Canon EFS 60 mm

Tokina 10-17 FE

Sea & Sea Port S & 52

Sea & Sea Compact Dome

Sea & Sea SX 25 mm Adapter

Sea & Sea NX Port Base

Sea & Sea DX-1G

Sea & Sea YS-110A x 2

Sea & Sea YS-17

Light & Motion Sola 600

Sh*t load of ULCS arms and clamps

For land setup:

Olympus EP1

M4/3 14-42 MSCII

M4/3 17 mm pancake

FL36R flash gun

whoaa..another super collection...reason i bought 5dMk2 is i will be highly discouraged from housing them....Join me in one of my trips soon....self organised and much cheaper than shops....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now