• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Bilstein for w211 FL e200 Avantgarde

Guest loh_li

Guys, I was told that there isn't a Bilstein replacement of the front shocks for the w211 avantgarde model? Is this true? Anyone who has replaced their shocks able to share your experience? I am looking to change my shocks (with an alternative brand since the original Mercedes ones are apparently real costly) but maintaining ride height and comfort.

Cheers...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loh_li wrote:

Guys, I was told that there isn't a Bilstein replacement of the front shocks for the w211 avantgarde model? Is this true? Anyone who has replaced their shocks able to share your experience? I am looking to change my shocks (with an alternative brand since the original Mercedes ones are apparently real costly) but maintaining ride height and comfort.

Cheers...

I'd like to know what type of dope the fellow who fed you that piece of info is on

Not sure mate. But right now I do need some as well, as I have tried to call tye soon as well, and when they checked using my chasis#, they said I could only use the originals for my ride. Kind of confused now.....

Any ideas??

Guest blackmercs

loh_li wrote:

Not sure mate. But right now I do need some as well, as I have tried to call tye soon as well, and when they checked using my chasis#, they said I could only use the originals for my ride. Kind of confused now.....

Any ideas??

U intend to replace only the front set or the entire set? My advise to u is to change the entire set. H&R, Eibach, Sachs etc u will be spoilt for choice. No need to go for the high end like coilover set. I think Sachs brand shld be reasonable. Go google for Sachs they are reliable brand as I've use this brand previously. Will lowered yr ride & the butt feel is not too hard too.

Well...was thinking of changing all 4. The standard avantgarde shocks/springs combo has quite a good ride height. Not going for any coilovers. As long as the ride height is maintained, not too stiff and still comfortable for my 11mth old, it is acceptable for me.

loh_li wrote:

Any ideas??

Bro, best if you don't depend too much on distributors/agents. Pulled this off from Bilstein.com's catalogue

B4s are the equivalent of stock shocks. Your Avantgarde should be -15mm lower than the Elegance model.

For your FL W211 Avantgarde (211.041)

Bil_007198

BILSTEIN - B4 Gas

Gas Pressure, For vehicles without Airmatic DC, Model Elegance, Model Avantgarde;

Article Number Article Description Add. Description Quantity Price

24-121798 Shock Absorber BILSTEIN - B4 Gas

Fitting Position Front Axle; Spring-bearing Damper; Gas Pressure; Monotube; Top pin; Bottom Fork;

1 184.00 EUR/Piece (excl. VAT)

24-105927 Shock Absorber

BILSTEIN - B4 Gas

Fitting Position Rear Axle; Gas Pressure; Monotube; Bottom eye; Top pin; 1 135.00 EUR/Piece (excl. VAT)

http://web1.carparts-cat.com/default.aspx?230=1&34=0,121&36=854&35=0&32=19789&14=4&10=0000618228297810018004&12=130

Guest blackmercs

loh_li wrote:

Well...was thinking of changing all 4. The standard avantgarde shocks/springs combo has quite a good ride height. Not going for any coilovers. As long as the ride height is maintained, not too stiff and still comfortable for my 11mth old, it is acceptable for me.

the 11mth old means you brought yr ride brandnew or used? If new go back and get it replaced else change to new 4 pcs of shock absorber will do. Yap coilcover is over kill for me too but is good to have for some whom love tuning the height of the ride :).

Do share with us after replacement ya so that everyone here can learn.

Guest blackmercs

loh_li wrote:

the 11mth old means you brought yr ride brandnew or used? If new go back and get it replaced else change to new 4 pcs of shock absorber will do. Yap coilcover is over kill for me too but is good to have for some whom love tuning the height of the ride :).

Guest blackknight

blackmercs wrote:

I think he is referring to his child of 11 months old lah

• 6 months later...
Guest Roland106

Hi,

just want to check, the Bilstein W211 for Avant Garde shock can fit Elegance?

it is not a direct replacement right? I tried and it didn't work. there was too many parts to change. so i had to change the parts back to original elegance one.

rx7effini wrote:

Bro,

You can reach me at 98560740. The Bilstein replacement for the W211 AvantGarde has arrived. It can be fitted onto the Elegance model as well.