• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Cheapo DIY HID installation by Arsenal - W204

Guest blackmercs

Guest blackmercs

MB W204 aftermarket HID conversion kits - 4300k H7 and Slim ballast type (size 82.0 x 62.0 x 14.5 mm, mounting holes 75 mm apart)

Total materials less than $120.00 to DIY (provided you want to DIY and have electrical hand drill set plus some sand papers and common hardware)

4300k H7 HID conversion kits (slim ballasts) $100.00

Mounting plates – T type (can purchase from any hardware shop) $3.20

Sealant for all weather type $3.00

Hole-saw diameter 25mm (1”) $7.00

M3.5 x 12 mm length screws & nuts (8 sets) $1.20

image013.gif

image014.gif

Drill 2 holes 4.5mm diameter 75mm apart at T-bracket (horizontal side) as shown.

Enlarge the lowest hole to 6 mm diameter at lower screw position (original hole is 5 mm diameter) this will allow you to mount the T-bracket onto the studs (5mm diameter) at the car’s chassis.

image015.gif

image016.gif

Remove the left & right dip beam (H7) bulb access cover from the headlamp clusters and use the 25mm hole-saw to cut a 25mm diameter cut-out and use small light flat filing tool edge (1.5 ~ 2 mm) to file a small slot as shown in right picture. The slot is to clear the bigger connector edge and pass thru’ the cut-out.

image017.gif

image018.gif

Thread thru’ the wires/connectors and apply sealant on both sides of the rubber grommet for water/dust proofing purpose at the bulb access cover. (Can skip the sealant part if you want to) Mount the slim ballasts onto the T-brackets.

image019.gif

image020.gif

Mount the T-bracket assembly (left & right) onto the chassis studs as shown. You may want to bend the T-bracket as show in the right picture.

image021.gif

image022.gif

Install the bulb cover access assembly (with the H7 xenon bulb).

Please note that from the headlamp cluster dip beam wire terminals block for the H7 halogen bulb connectors – 2 black wires to one terminal is ground and the other one black wire is 12V.

You need to insert the access cover assembly (together with the H7 xenon bulb) black color wire spade to the ground terminal and red color wire spade to the 12V terminal.

Before you install the H7 xenon bulb onto the bulb holder you’re required to remove the bulb retaining clip first. (Due to the H7 xenon bulb already coupled with wires and can not be directly to seat it in the holder like the H7 Halogen bulb) You need to be careful not to damage the H7 xenon bulb when seat it in the holder and remember to secure the retaining clip to the bulb holder.

image023.gif

image024.gif

Start the engine and turn on you dip beams and the 4300K HID conversion done.

I adjusted the xenon dip beam height slightly higher because I found that the original setting too low even when I set the dip beam height adjustment knob to the highest height at ‘0’ position.

Now this W204 C200k can show-off its xenon dip beams – cheapo type…whahahaha.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest machineoperator

Bro this is very good mod but too bad I ain't hands on guy.... any idea where can I get this fix ? Btw will this mod be legal? Coz I know most of the HID is illegal if it is not original..... pls advice..

Guest blackmercs

machineoperator wrote:

Bro this is very good mod but too bad I ain't hands on guy.... any idea where can I get this fix ? Btw will this mod be legal? Coz I know most of the HID is illegal if it is not original..... pls advice..

No worries, look for Sonic our site sponsor. Yap is not legal.

• 3 months later...