• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Planning to get a E250 Convertible

Speedmaster1979

Hi all,

I am new here and looking at this model comparing against the coupe, i am leaning towards the convertible more...

Would like to use this chance to get to know more people here and also have more knowledge of this model before getting 1.

Just a check if the soft top is really hard to maintain as the below 2 common issues here in Singapore & how do u guys maintain & counter with any form of protections?

1) Vandalism 

2) Bird droppings 

Last but not least, wishing all a prosperous Lunar New Year & huat huat all the way!!!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
On 2/11/2021 at 8:44 PM, Speedmaster1979 said:

Its been a year since....

We have a separate chat for this forum in telegram. You can join for more interaction. Whereas for soft top. Normal maintenance and nowadays it is not too costly to replace. But I believe every few years will have to change. Common faults I see from other countries are the motor failure but the material used seems to be quite sturdy.

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2020 at 4:41 PM, Speedmaster1979 said:

Hi all,

I am new here and looking at this model comparing against the coupe, i am leaning towards the convertible more...

Would like to use this chance to get to know more people here and also have more knowledge of this model before getting 1.

Just a check if the soft top is really hard to maintain as the below 2 common issues here in Singapore & how do u guys maintain & counter with any form of protections?

1) Vandalism 

2) Bird droppings 

Last but not least, wishing all a prosperous Lunar New Year & huat huat all the way!!!

One words of advice for ppl contemplating a Drop the top,TopLess Driving is……..

There’s some Golden Rules.

U can’t have sumthing for Nuthing .

The Opening Mechanism needs to be serviced ,if u Buy preown ,u gotta send the Cabriolet either a soft or hard top for a once over,immediately.

The whole operation is controlled by 2 Cylinders ,after a period of time ,the hydraulic oil can go Depleted cos the Rubber seal harden or crack .

once the oil goes below certain Level ,the opening & Closing will be effected.worse case scenario is once u open ,u Cannot Close.

Worse embarassing ever & if it rains ………

I noe of many Cab owners NVR opens their Roof.

Dat defeats the whole purpose of owning one,realli.

For New one’s ,u still gotta go wshop at Least once a year,for a check & spray some Coating over the Fabric for waterproof purposes.

• 5 months later...