• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

E250

Ianliow

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Ianliow said:

Thinking of buying a coe E250 next year mid. Any advice?

would any owners of the current W212 renew their coe and continue driving?

Look for PFL W212 Avantgarde models, not Elegance - Avantgarde has better trims & suspension slightly lowered

Oct 2010 & before (C&C) - "hockey sticks" DRL 5 speed auto with a gear shifter in the centre console, a single oval exhaust tips (double tips for AMG line) Elegance comes with wood grain internal trims, Avantgarde came with piano wood or maple wood trim and AMG line with Alu trim

Late Oct 2011 & above (C&C) - 7-Gtronics aka 7 speed auto, newer "colorful" instrument cluster, dual trapezoidal exhaust tips, 18" staggered light alloy rims.

Late Oct 2011 & early 2012 - C&C cars come with COMAND (Cockpit Management and Data system) - bigger infotainment display screen with original GPS that navigates inside tunnels like KPE even without satellite signals, In built HDD iirc 30gb that can help store at least 8 or 10gb memory for your songs. Voice Command feature, etc. The COMAND came free with every C Class & above during that period when MB was celebrating 125 years anniversary.   

IMHO, Look for early 2012 Avantgarde Models with & 7 Gtronics that have high specs i.e with COMAND & probably you like one with Panoramic roof (some PI cars in 2012 were still selling old stock of 5 speed model)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 months later...

I used to drive a W212 E200 and had no major issues up to the point in time when I sold the car. It's quite a reliable car but only if you maintain it properly so if you are looking for a secondhand car, it will be useful to ask for servicing records etc. to make sure that the previous owner didn't scrimp on maintenance. The 7G-Tronic transmission is also quite good at shifting gears but I felt that the car was a bit under powered at times. Given that you are going for a W212 E250, you shouldn't be facing this problem.

Have moved on to the W213 E200 and given the reduction in weight and the 9G-Tronic transmission, it does feel a lot more responsive. But I still miss the "heavier" feel of the W212 when going over bumps in the road. Hard to describe the feeling but the W212 feels a lot more "solid"!