• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C253 1st Service B Cost

Denn

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Denn said:

Dear all,

What is the cost like for this 1st service B package ?

Does transmission oil need changing too ?

Thanks

Transmission oil change usually Service B 60k km but some owners changed the transmission at every 30k km

Service B cost below $1k if you do not do the following other than routine Service B servicing

a. Transmission oil change - I need my 1st Service B 5 moths ago and I did not change

b. Brake pads & or rotors change - go outside workshop if need to

c. Battery - replace outside if need to

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, kepiting1sg said:

Transmission oil change usually Service B 60k km but some owners changed the transmission at every 30k km

Service B cost below $1k if you do not do the following other than routine Service B servicing

a. Transmission oil change - I need my 1st Service B 5 moths ago and I did not change

b. Brake pads & or rotors change - go outside workshop if need to

c. Battery - replace outside if need to

Thank you Sir for sharing this.

My next Service B is indicating 40K service interval, Just did the 30K days ago. 

tech informed me the following need replacing during 40K :

1) Spark Plugs,

2) Coolant flush

3) Transmission oil

Quoted me above $1k plus, which I think is too early for them to be replace.... :(

Found the stock Mid range sounded flat and mild.....

Replaced a pair of Mid from Focal....sound clarify much much improved. :)

Due to magnet size too big from Focal 4 inch, installed 3 inch instead for better fitment...still better than stock...

F2.jpg

F1.jpg

1 hour ago, Denn said:

Thank you Sir for sharing this.

My next Service B is indicating 40K service interval, Just did the 30K days ago. 

tech informed me the following need replacing during 40K :

1) Spark Plugs,

2) Coolant flush

3) Transmission oil

Quoted me above $1k plus, which I think is too early for them to be replace.... :(

I might be out of syn with MB servicing intervals.

What I know

1st Service 15k km or 1 year - Service A

2nd Service 30k km or 1 year - Service B (Minor - spark plugs, brake fluid change, coolant flush, etc)

3rd Service 45k km - Service A

4th Service 60k km - Service B (Major - transmission oil, engine & gear box mountings + 30k km Service B)

I did my Service B earlier last Mar at 26.6k km and the charges were $1099

SA did not request me to change transmission oil, brake pads I changed outside workshop

See my bill below.

CnC used to give up service booklet and you get them to chop & sign at each servicing

This way you've servicing records when you sell your ride but CnC have stop giving out this service booklet.

5d6f6e1757a04_26Kkm_r.thumb.jpg.fe5d639168c6e0cc90f97d885a502cbb.jpg

Cheers

Finally found the Maintenance booklet before the MB Service Centre went "digital"

Here's a copy of the MB Generic Maintenance Booklet and should give you a good indication of the scope of work done at each servicing.

MY17_C-Class_CLA_CLS_E-Class_GLA_GLC_GLE_GLS_S-Class_SL_SLC_Mercedes-AMG_GT_Maintenance_Booklet.pdf

Cheers

20 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

Finally found the Maintenance booklet before the MB Service Centre went "digital"

Here's a copy of the MB Generic Maintenance Booklet and should give you a good indication of the scope of work done at each servicing.

Thank you so much Bro,

This information is good to keep and understand.

Appreciate your help much :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 3:37 PM, Denn said:

Found the stock Mid range sounded flat and mild.....

Replaced a pair of Mid from Focal....sound clarify much much improved. :)

Due to magnet size too big from Focal 4 inch, installed 3 inch instead for better fitment...still better than stock...

F2.jpg

F1.jpg

may i know how much per pair + installation? my 2013 c-class got exploding sound when bass too strong.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 11:31 AM, ckevin77 said:

may i know how much per pair + installation? my 2013 c-class got exploding sound when bass too strong.

I got it for $580 I think, due to the bigger magnet it was one inch smaller than the stock in order to have a better fitment.

But the result was good.

• 2 weeks later...