• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

B180 W245 year 2009 , worth to renew COE ?

Rattan

1. Car conditions - Depend on the mileage and conditions of the car. Higher mileage mean more wears & tears.

IMHO - Merc are made to last but wears and tears need to replace parts (Higher cost of maintenance)

2. Finance -The 50% OMV rebates that you've to forgo + your 10 yrs COE renewal cost divide by 10 yrs that will be your depreciation per year. For 5 years COE renewal you will have a higher depreciation rate

3. Personal - How much you and or your family would like to keep this car for the next 10 years.

How often nowadays after locking your car, you turn back to look at your car like the times when the car was still new. :) 

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Beside paying the 10 years COE you've to add in the PARF rebate which you forgo for around $15K 

Depreciation = (10 years COE + PARF rebate)/10 so probably about <$5k/yr

Though road tax is a small amount, but expect to pay 10% increase each year for the next 5 years

Just had transmission issue . Changed mechatronics $3000 .

wondering will have any more issue anot . 

Depends on the mileage but expect to pay more in maintenance as compared to the 1st 5 to 8 years.

My 7.5 years old W212 has hit >180K km

Changed alternator due to leaking oil from Turbo

Changed Turbo

Changed Gearbox defective PCBA

Changed Timing Cam Gear - teeth worn out - change

Changed 1 faulty exhaust valve

Changed rear shock absorbers, so front likely to come soon.

(Maybe soon - decarbonizing or top overhaul or engine overhaul, water pump, radiator, hoses, pulley belts, brake servo pump, engine ECU, Gear Box mechatronics, gear box, etc - don't really know - with 180K km any thing is possible to happen)

- friend 9 yr old E350 did engine overhaul due to leaking engine oil

Not counting the periodical engine & gear box mountings, disc rotors & pads, battery, pulley belts, hoses,

So you don't really know what else will keep coming especially a high mileage car.

My younger Bro is renewing his C200 in 4 months time, well kept car, low mileage and he owns that car for quite some time and he knows the condition of his car well.

If I renew my COE in about 2.5 yrs time if the amount say $40k + Forgo PARF Rebate ($30) = $7K/yr - still low.

I'll be deciding to change to a newer 1 or 2 years old ride and it off course will be another MB.

If this is your car you have own for a long time, you know the condition well, <100k km mileage, likes the car very much, imho go ahead and renew the COE.

• Like 1

Cheers

You're welcome!

Enjoy your ride and happy motoring!

• Like 1

Cheers