is250c

What is this for?

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

The car is W205.

The bottle on the bottom left of photo is for top-up of engine coolant. 

However please tell me what is the bottle above the air filter in the circle for?

Thank you.

that bro, is also a coolant top up, but specifically for the turbo and intercooler cooling. there is a new revision to the setup in the W205, the newer version only has one now.... 

see my engine bay pic attached.

single_coolant_tank_44a659385e1f0ad580bd7c706a8b363d0f0520e2.jpg

On 3/4/2019 at 11:11 AM, dagger said:

that bro, is also a coolant top up, but specifically for the turbo and intercooler cooling. there is a new revision to the setup in the W205, the newer version only has one now.... 

see my engine bay pic attached.

single_coolant_tank_44a659385e1f0ad580bd7c706a8b363d0f0520e2.jpg

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

I assumed these 2 top-up bottles use the same blue coolant/anti freeze which needs to mix 50% with water. Right?

On 3/5/2019 at 3:24 PM, is250c said:

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

I assumed these 2 top-up bottles use the same blue coolant/anti freeze which needs to mix 50% with water. Right?

no, its the pink colored coolant. 

it is classified as Specification 325.5, while the older blue colored coolant is 325.0

The part number for the coolant is A000989282509. You can get this from the stockist.

Pink Coolant.JPG

coolant3.jpg

Oh dear / Oh shit.

Min Ghee sold me the blue one and I pour about 500ml into the reservoir as it was dry. I should have seek your advise before. Luckily I didn't pour into the turbo reservoir as I didn't know what was it for before your advise.

What should i do now?

On 3/7/2019 at 11:03 PM, dagger said:

no, its the pink colored coolant. 

it is classified as Specification 325.5, while the older blue colored coolant is 325.0

The part number for the coolant is A000989282509. You can get this from the stockist.

Pink Coolant.JPG

coolant3.jpg

well, just keep to the blue coolant that you poured in for now. 

wait till the next time if u need to do any fluid change, then switch over to the pink one.

Ok. I just think there will be no problem created by mixing the blue coolant into the original red one.

Thank you.

Brought this blue coolant which is not suitable for my car which needs the red one. I still have 3.5 litres left. Anyone need it to top up your coolant. You are welcome to take from me. Around Ubi area.

IMG_20190314_155517.jpg