Releaseyourhandbrake

W204 - Weird Battery Malfunction???

8 posts in this topic

This is the scenario:

1) Car gets harder to start over time.

2) Battery flat eventually. (No indication of Alternator problem).

3) Jumpstart car. Battery recharged. No problem starting the car for the next  1 month until battery goes flat again. Cycle repeats itself. 

Mechanic cannot find any fault. No indication of Alternator problem. Batteries have been replaced 3 times with new ones. 

Any idea fellow bro and sisters? haha

I seemed to have found the problem. Monitoring for a few weeks before I post again. 

1 person likes this

Anyway, the problems I had was due to the battery. I was shown the spec through the Mercedes Computer. It says 60! So Mechanic changed to a 60 Ah battery and the car kept dying! 

Now changed to a bigger battery and the problem went away. 

Think for Merc models need at least 74ah and above. 

Recently I sent my C180 (W204-2012) to Autobacs for service.Informed time to change battery (60%) juice left.Pls advice.

On 12/23/2018 at 1:04 PM, Jock said:

Recently I sent my C180 (W204-2012) to Autobacs for service.Informed time to change battery (60%) juice left.Pls advice.

Keep a jumpstart battery handy. Around S$100. Towing or getting others to help jump start is very expensive and troublesome. haha

On 12/23/2018 at 1:04 PM, Jock said:

If its a battery from 2012, go ahead and change. Normally, batteries are good to be replaced every 2-3 years

Hi JB15,

Thanks for advise.I ordered last Saturday,unfortunately the Perfect Power workshop  at Bukit Batok is closed for CNY and the battery has not been delivered yet.Wait for the shop to open after CNY.

Also,my other car changed the car battery at Mazda service centre ( Yuasa ER 95D ) for almost S$300.I think it is very expensive.