Cy choong

W211 E200 NGT sudden Loss of power whenever raining

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

My w211 e200 Ngt (2009) seem to lose power whenever encountering raining session. The left hand side sound coarse, like the supercharger or kompressor had shut down.. the check engine light did not come on though.. The last time I encounter the above, I shut off the aircon and after awhile, the car power recover.

hope someone can help and advise.. tq very much.

Hi,

Have tried changing a new set of air intake hose, clean the ecu connection and clean up the air intake sensor....

Suspect is the o2 sensor as today experience power loss after running over a pool of water. 

Suspect water or moisture got to the o2 sensors, thus sending a wrong signal to the ecu... no other parts other than the o2 sensors r expose to the elements..

Does the problem still exist? We can assist to troubleshooting and advice on the solution for you.

Manage to finallly found the fault.. It is to to cracks in the exhast system.. especially at the manifold header and down pipe connection and exhaust at the tail pipe area.. Alot of owners might hv neglected this and plse ask your mechanic to check for exhaust leaks n cracks that will affect your ride and power. The above can be resolved by simply re-welding the crack line. Hope this is useful.

1 person likes this

Thanks for sharing...This is something which I am not aware of....I will get my workshop to check my w211 during next servicing..

Just saw this post. 

I am not an expert but had saw a B200 owner w this issue. The workshop told him it's a circuit board located in the Manifold. Around SGD 800 - 1000 for the B Class.

Hope this helps. 

There r 2 sensor along the exhaust pipe. But its the crack lines that affect the sensors n thus power as well.