radar

ANDROID AUTO

14 posts in this topic

Anybody got this successfully to work on their vehicles ?

Figured it out ...works great. If anybody interested in procedure, will post it.

Hey Radar, please share as trying to figure out how to make it works. Thanks! 

hey Lonestar, I pm u... 

@radar Can I also trouble you to PM me please. thank you.

Guys,

Sorry was travelling.

Essentially this is an app that integrates your smartphone to the car's infotainment system. But, before you bother to get the instructions you must make sure that in your vehicles phone settings that you have Android Auto (usually will have Apple Carplay there too) before you try.

I understand that these apps have been installed only on specific models and only 2017 or later.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/cars-with-android-auto/.

Even if you do have Android Auto installed in your car, be aware that the Android Auto app is still not approved for our region (for some reason I do not know) so you wont find it in Google Play Store but you can download it and install it from a mirror site. The trick is to know what version to install.

If anybody still wants to try, pm me with your h/p number and i will apps it to you when I can.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:58 AM, radar said:

Guys,

Sorry was travelling.

Essentially this is an app that integrates your smartphone to the car's infotainment system. But, before you bother to get the instructions you must make sure that in your vehicles phone settings that you have Android Auto (usually will have Apple Carplay there too) before you try.

I understand that these apps have been installed only on specific models and only 2017 or later.

Even if you do have Android Auto installed in your car, be aware that the Android Auto app is still not approved for our region (for some reason I do not know) so you wont find it in Google Play Store but you can download it and install it from a mirror site. The trick is to know what version to install.

If anybody still wants to try, pm me with your h/p number and i will apps it to you when I can.

hmm.. so the pre-req is that the car must come installed with the AA, I doubt mine has. My bought my GLA in Sep and the SE said there is no AA. However, playing with the Configurator on MB website, it seems to suggest that new models would have the AA.

53 minutes ago, ToMIL said:

hmm.. so the pre-req is that the car must come installed with the AA, I doubt mine has. My bought my GLA in Sep and the SE said there is no AA. However, playing with the Configurator on MB website, it seems to suggest that new models would have the AA.

indeed. if  no AA on the car, you wont be able to properly integrate the visual with the display. You might however get audio functionality but that's next to useless, at least for me. 

Any idea if it would just require a firmware upgrade to the ICE by C&C to have the AA?

I have read about Merc dealers doing this on some models overseas, but here, I doubt unless someone aftermarket offers it...

On 11/13/2017 at 8:58 AM, radar said:

Guys,

Sorry was travelling.

@radar Thanks for the info. Cheers.

Thanks radar. 

I got my car in 2017 Oct but i could not find any AA installed.

So can't do much although i have AA on my Samsung phone. 

On 11/18/2017 at 4:26 PM, Lonestar said:

Thanks radar. 

I got my car in 2017 Oct but i could not find any AA installed.

So can't do much although i have AA on my Samsung phone. 

Odd, it should by rights be there. http://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/android-auto_topic11613.html

have you gone to the top level of the menu (using the star button) and checked phone functions ?