• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

unlocking manually

Hi all!

I am a newbie here and this is my first post. I have just purchased a pre-owned 2012 W204. Abit compact but overall nice ride. just to check with the seniors here. I realised that after I shifted the gear to Park or turned off the ignition, the car does not unlock by itself, I have to manually pressed the unlock button in order to unlock the car. is this normal or there is something that I must activate?

9 hours ago, petetherock said:

Have you tried pulling on the open lever anyway? The door should open from the inside without you having to press the open button. 

Hi Bro

Thanks for replying. yes, the door can be opened by the lever as well. I have searched the manual and it does not state that the car will automatically unlock once we shifted the gear to Park, so I assume that MB does not come with this function?

36 minutes ago, legend said:

Hi Bro

Thanks for replying. yes, the door can be opened by the lever as well. I have searched the manual and it does not state that the car will automatically unlock once we shifted the gear to Park, so I assume that MB does not come with this function?

Why do you need this function anyways? I dont quite understand

29 minutes ago, legend said:

yah, used to drive Civic so I assumed MB should have this function too. Paiseh for asking this as I am still very new to MB

No worries bro

I drove a civic before this :)

But please download the Merc guide app. Lots of cool features and info. Enjoy your well made German Merc 😎 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, legend said:

yah, used to drive Civic so I assumed MB should have this function too. Paiseh for asking this as I am still very new to MB

Do take note that the door can be open from inside even it is locked while moving too.....dun ask me why...cos is like tt MB ma lol

On ‎22‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:56 PM, rainman said:

Do take note that the door can be open from inside even it is locked while moving too.....dun ask me why...cos is like tt MB ma lol

Should be a safety feature ba.