• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Finally got myself a benz

JSnoob

Okay..will definitely look into this. 

I'm not sure if you've heard or come across this next concept before, but i have personally applied to my cars before, just not my more recent wheels.

I'm referring to installing a vacuum tank. Its cylindrical in shape and consist of one-way valve. I can't recall precisely which direction it is positioned but its along the air intake hosing.

The idea is to generate a negative pressure at the area its positioned towards. The higher the negative pressure, the more responsive your throttle response will be and incredibly, the more fuel savings you will achieve at the same time.

These days however, I can't seem to find vacuum tanks built for this anymore, at least not locally. I wonder if any of the members here know about it, or better still, currently use it. Its much more catered to older cars where performance n consumption is influenced by calibrating or adding of mechanical gadgets, whereas these days, modern engines settings can be bypassed thru piggyback ECUs or ECU flashing.

I wonder has any member who's reading here, tried this system called epower. Personally I have used them before and not only have i never regretted using it, i saved the installed items for use, from my previous rides to my following rides.

Now, I'm not here to advertise their products but simply to share with other members here who also owned 200E, E200 models, even other benz owners who have encountered the issue of high consumption on the go.

When i first used epower, I thought it was a gimmick but willing to put it to test anyway..otherwise we'd never know, right!

Well, over time i clocked better pick up and better mileage figures. 

Their motto - "We will change the way you drive" is something that sticks to your mind, like it does to mine. But epower is no ordinary gadget therefore we need to drive in a certain manner to maximise its benefits...

Stay tuned...

On Tue Feb 21 2017 at 7:53 AM, JSnoob said:

Few days ago, I topped up my tank with 60 litres petrol in jb. Was abit concerned that from full to half tank, i had clocked only 180 km. Had expected quite abit more. Anyway my verdict is not out till i reached empty.

How's the experience of the other 200E owners here with regard to FC? Would like to hear from you all.

I recently fitted ONE piece of Cyclone 3 in my air intake hosing..throttle response slightly improved, I'm hoping FC will also increased over time.

Will update again when i hv applied my other plans for my ride. Waiting for inputs as well from the other bros here.

Hello again, and after topping up my tank again, this round is after I installed that single piece of cyclone 3, my mileage as of this morning is almost 180; i zero my counter at each topping up; and my fuel meter still have some distance to go before it arrives at the half tank!!

Well, I think one piece cyclone did not do all that magic, and for my previous tankful, i was doing slower speeds (50-70 kph) 50-60% highway n more of city driving, but this round its 70-80% highway...and pushing the ride abit more too.

Granted that the little change in driving style did not make all that difference in the better FC, some of the credit should go to the cyclone 3. Whichever the case, I'm thrilled to bits at the current development n I can't wait to add other gadgets along the way. 

Cheers!! Hope my "blog" is helping everyone getting better mileage too. 

Stay tuned for even more updates later.

Thanks Keltanky.

As i was sharing regarding FC, after my first tankful, well not really finished the tank yet but i installed a cyclone 3 in my air intake hose. I have now reached just slightly above half tank and my mileage is at 195 km, give n take about 5km.

10km extra may not sound like much, but its like ONE whole litre of fuel added to my tank. And I still have the second half to go, so I'm interested to know what's the total mileage this 1989 200E can eeke out from a full tank. I reckon by this coming week, I'll have the answer...

Will update again soon..

Great morning to all bros reading my posts! Thanks for your interest.

This morning after arriving at my work place, i took a peek at my mileage...at 257 km..just very slightly below the half tank mark..been using the expressways alot.. I'd say 70-80%. 

Still, I'm feeling encouraged that i can expect to churn out better figures, both FC wise and in power. Let's see how yeah...when tank reaches quarter and then when amber light comes on..

26 minutes ago, keltanky said:

amber light comes out still got about 20 Km to go before bo liao

Yes, but better never to use till zero ma..wait kanna stranded n for nothing, we'll look silly...hahaha...so I don't want to add that last 20km in.. ;)

Good morning folks! This morning when I reached my workplace, i saw my mileage was 310 km n i had about 1/3 tank left, maybe just slightly more.

This morning I wanted to share with fellow MB owners here who drive the old series like mine...it may be a good idea to get a friction reducer or friction eliminator. There are a few brands in the market..one of which, is called MT-10 Metal Conditioner.

Google it, watch it on youtube... I'm planning to put that in, as soon as my amber bulb lights up cos i want to accurately gauge my FC after installing the one piece Cyclone 3.

My first take on MT-10, cos I've used it once before : your engine immediately becomes very quiet and smooth! And yes, you will almost immediately feel like your engine has received a blood transfusion. Remember to shake the bottle thoroughly first, to ensure bottle contents are properly mixed, before pouring into engine. It's that good. The company that produces this, also have one for your gearbox. That one, i have not tried. 

If any bros here have tried MT-10 but did not get good results or even bad results, please please please please share so all can benefit from it or prevent problems from happening.

Mmm.. I'm not so sure..lemme check out that thread later then I'll think about it. Its possible that some of the readers of that thread are also visiting my thread here. There can't be too many 1989-1995 E class owners around? ;)

1 hour ago, JSnoob said:

Mmm.. I'm not so sure..lemme check out that thread later then I'll think about it. Its possible that some of the readers of that thread are also visiting my thread here. There can't be too many 1989-1995 E class owners around? ;)

sure got , some are also ex owners

Today starts with a wet morning and traffic was crawling. Finally reached my workplace and took a peek at my mileage. 370km with needle at quarter tank. Might not reach 500km for this tankful.. I'm just waiting to add on the MT-10 and other stuff i mentioned earlier on in this thread.

This morning reached workplace n saw my mileage at 430. Amber light still not lighted. I think it may come on within the next 20km. Haha. Was thinking about upgrading my rim size to 17" from my current 15". Any word of advice or caution from fellow 200E owners? 

28 minutes ago, Odessus said:

@JSnoob I'm not a 200E owner but the only word of caution from me would be there's a possibility the 430 number may fall...

Thanks Odessus. I was thinking really, that weight-wise, the difference is not much. Where there's more steel, there's also less rubber. And being bigger, it takes a lower rpm to achieve the same speed. If weight of rims be the greatest concern, there are light weight rims too..

Basically I'm quite inclined to get 17" but it will not be a priority for now, till i hear more views or talk to more tire mechanics. 

Spoke to a close friend who owned w124 before. His concern was that switching to 17" rims would be sacrificing ride comfort, since there's less rubber soaking up the unevenness on the roads and it would result in faster wear n tear of the suspension. 

I tend to agree with him, but tire pressures also affect comfort, so as long as there's no danger resulting from using larger rims, I'm still inclined to make the switch. If FC worsens due to higher workload, then I'll have to boost the power some more in other ways. 

This morning brought my car to be fitted with epower system.. Components are: 

1. Ultrasonic Air Charger

2. Fuel vaporiser

3. Aero mesh

4. Scalar wrap x 6pc

Now I'm just waiting to complete a few tankfuls to assess the FC n performance of the car. Will update you again.

This morning i was browsing through the W124 Owner's Manual that I downloaded, and jumped straight to the fuel consumption page. Owners of the different W124 models may find this interesting or useful.

Screenshot_2017-03-04-13-11-39-442_cn.wps.moffice_eng.png

Screenshot_2017-03-04-13-09-59-283_cn.wps.moffice_eng.png

2017-03-04-13-08-10.jpg

Screenshot_2017-03-04-13-09-59-283_cn.wps.moffice_eng.png

Hi good morning to all fellow W124 owners and others too.

This morning i am excited to share about my progress, though its still early days yet. As you may have read, i had the epower system installed in my 200E just 2 days ago. I mentioned i was going to wait it out till my tank was empty, before i took the final mileage. 

This morning i have reached my halfway mark at about 180 km. Nothing surprising about that, except for one thing...i did not pump totally full tank. 

I recall i had done spent some on groceries, and on food before heading to the pumps. I was too lazy to change more ringgits for my petrol, so i used whatever balance ringgits i had, plus i needed to top up my touch-n-go card.

The previous round i had pumped 59 litres and it reached about 195km at just above half tank.

This round i pumped in only 51 litres. And i had gone over 70km before installing my epower equipment. I reckon that's a considerable difference though its still early days yet. I can't wait to see what's my final mileage will be, but I'm already excited. 

Folks who may be interested to get similar epower equipment, may message me in pte.