• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Questions on new C205

Yotaichio

Hi Everyone!

Just collected my C205 officially yesterday... Sat in the car for half hour to fiddle with the instruments and familiarize...
Got a few questions out there for the bros who have a c205 and w205... any advice would be much appreciated.

-If I turn the headlamps from "auto" to just "daytime running lights". Then I turn off my car, the LED does not turn off automatically. Is there a setting to get the LED to turn off after my Engine shuts off?

-The dealer told me to switch on the Air circulation on the center console every time or else my car will become smelly in the long run. Is this true and can it be programmed somehow to default circulate?

- Dealer also advised when switching reverse/drive/park to always go neutral ... Are there any adverse effects If I don't do that.

Lastly, just a comment, the Eco drive is really really really annoying ...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Yotaichio said:

Hi Everyone!

Just collected my C205 officially yesterday... Sat in the car for half hour to fiddle with the instruments and familiarize...
Got a few questions out there for the bros who have a c205 and w205... any advice would be much appreciated.

-If I turn the headlamps from "auto" to just "daytime running lights". Then I turn off my car, the LED does not turn off automatically. Is there a setting to get the LED to turn off after my Engine shuts off?

-The dealer told me to switch on the Air circulation on the center console every time or else my car will become smelly in the long run. Is this true and can it be programmed somehow to default circulate?

- Dealer also advised when switching reverse/drive/park to always go neutral ... Are there any adverse effects If I don't do that.

Lastly, just a comment, the Eco drive is really really really annoying ...

Hi, i have around 3500km on my c205.

- The setting to turn off the LED lights is in your "vehicle settings" under one of the lighting options you can set it to 0s,15s,30s or however long you want the LED lights to stay on after your car is shut off

- The air circulation turns off every 20-30mins. I don't think your car will be smelly but just that you can smell other vehicles exhaust when on the expressway. It can be programmed to default circulate by going to workshop but might void warranty.

- As long as your car is at a full stop before switching from drive to reverse or vice versa i don't think it matters but it just protects the gearbox a little longer.

PS i drive in eco all the time with sport steering in individual setting and after awhile you get use to it. Currently averaging around 7.8 liters/100km.

Enjoy bro :)

On 16/11/2016 at 9:53 AM, ACEGabz said:

Hi, i have around 3500km on my c205.

- The setting to turn off the LED lights is in your "vehicle settings" under one of the lighting options you can set it to 0s,15s,30s or however long you want the LED lights to stay on after your car is shut off

- The air circulation turns off every 20-30mins. I don't think your car will be smelly but just that you can smell other vehicles exhaust when on the expressway. It can be programmed to default circulate by going to workshop but might void warranty.

- As long as your car is at a full stop before switching from drive to reverse or vice versa i don't think it matters but it just protects the gearbox a little longer.

PS i drive in eco all the time with sport steering in individual setting and after awhile you get use to it. Currently averaging around 7.8 liters/100km.

Enjoy bro :)

Hi bro, my c205 is slightly over 1000km. I am getting like 10L/100km. Mostly comfort mode and more highways. Quite frugal for my ride.

Seriously... I can never understand why are you guys comparing FC.... regardless whether it's 7.5km/ltr or 10.5km/ltr.... its all depends on how heavy your foot is... and BTW... you have already spent so much on the ride... why on earth are you still worrying about the FC? If you are so fussy about FC... maybe you have bought the wrong ride... should stick to Toyota.... Altis... or Wish... they have the best FC.... 

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

15 minutes ago, Ah Bui said:

Seriously... I can never understand why are you guys comparing FC.... regardless whether it's 7.5km/ltr or 10.5km/ltr.... its all depends on how heavy your foot is... and BTW... you have already spent so much on the ride... why on earth are you still worrying about the FC? If you are so fussy about FC... maybe you have bought the wrong ride... should stick to Toyota.... Altis... or Wish... they have the best FC.... 

Ya maybe poor people like should drive toyota only since we dont have money for petrol. 

4 hours ago, Ah Bui said:

We just sharing information dude. If you don't care about FC at all should not be on mercs forum should be on lamborghini forum drive on corsa mode all around SG :)

18 hours ago, ACEGabz said:

We just sharing information dude. If you don't care about FC at all should not be on mercs forum should be on lamborghini forum drive on corsa mode all around SG :)

Yup... I would have done it.... if I can afford the Lambo.... You buy a Merc and you worry about the FC? Just enjoy the ride .... it wont cost you another Tank every month.... maybe I should just stick to your PS3....

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

22 hours ago, MarkSim said:

Ya maybe poor people like should drive toyota only since we dont have money for petrol. 

Mai geh geh... you drive S class.... how can you be "poor"? end of the day ... most cars have almost the same identical FC... averaging 9km/ltr.... like i always say... Just Enjoy the Ride.... you've alreasy paid so much for the car... a bit more for Petrol... is nothing... and pumping 98 is not going to help FC.. cos they burn faster.. You'll notice the fuel smell behind... that's unburnt gas... means $$$ gone... .. and it doesn't make your car go faster... unless its an AMG... 95 is already good enough... 

12 hours ago, keltanky said:

Actually hor.. based on my past work experience, actually most of our cars can use 92. No issues at all.

I had horse and bull owners refuel 92 also no issues.

Only unless you going track day then refuel higher octane should be ok la.

dude are you serious ... can my c200 pump 95 without anything bad happening to it ? I always assumed that the lower grade will spoil engine ... but I know jack shit about engines ...

33 minutes ago, Yotaichio said:

dude are you serious ... can my c200 pump 95 without anything bad happening to it ? I always assumed that the lower grade will spoil engine ... but I know jack shit about engines ...

Just pump at least the min ron as per ur car recommended grade to avoid any future issue. 

6 hours ago, Yotaichio said:

If you look at your fuel tank cover... it will tell you the minimum Ron needed... in Europe its 91.... 

I'm asking these question in some of these thread , hopefully someone can answer them for me:

1. Does AMG line includes the leather upholstery of dashboard and upper door panel?
2. The interior roof and A panel colour is black or beige for AMG line?
I prefer black than beige cause those in showroom is beige. I would like to change this if possible.

Thanks

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:24 PM, dspoh said:

I'm asking these question in some of these thread , hopefully someone can answer them for me:

1. Does AMG line includes the leather upholstery of dashboard and upper door panel?
2. The interior roof and A panel colour is black or beige for AMG line?
I prefer black than beige cause those in showroom is beige. I would like to change this if possible.

Thanks

Hey Yo,

I Bought mine C coupe from a PI so I don't know if the C&C one is the same or not. I have the amg trim.
1) My dashboard, and upper door panel, Seems like leather when u touch it. There are no stiches but when you wack it sounds kinda plasticky so I don't know what its made of... maybe some fake leather or sth ....
2) My interior roof is black and I think its fabric... I have no idea what is an A panel ... but from dashboard all the way up, mine is black..

Hope this helps...

-Can some of the bros here advise me what is the tyre pressure for those standard 18 inch amg rims that come with the amg line...
-Where do you find the indicative current tyre pressure of the car... Been fiddling with the controls all day but cant find it

3 hours ago, Yotaichio said:

Hey Yo,

I Bought mine C coupe from a PI so I don't know if the C&C one is the same or not. I have the amg trim.
1) My dashboard, and upper door panel, Seems like leather when u touch it. There are no stiches but when you wack it sounds kinda plasticky so I don't know what its made of... maybe some fake leather or sth ....
2) My interior roof is black and I think its fabric... I have no idea what is an A panel ... but from dashboard all the way up, mine is black..

Hope this helps...

-Can some of the bros here advise me what is the tyre pressure for those standard 18 inch amg rims that come with the amg line...
-Where do you find the indicative current tyre pressure of the car... Been fiddling with the controls all day but cant find it

Tyre pressure are indicated on the fuel cover label. 

Should be under the TPMS to see current readings. 

5 hours ago, Yotaichio said:

Hey Yo,

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the reply bro.
1. I guess yours also stock rubbery material. So AMG Line doesn't provide these.
2. Found out that all AMG line have their Roof lining black. Sorry I meant A pillar. Its black as well.