• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Extended Restart By Stop and Go Traffic

cateye

Hi Everybody,

I am configuring E43 AMG specifications online (UK).

However there is an option which i do not understand.

- Extended Restart By Stop and Go Traffic 

Its an $0 value option 

Does anyone knows what it mean ?

Been searching online but not able to get more information

Mostly on Eco Start and Stop function.

Thank you in advance

Miguel

I suppose its a bigger restart batt that allows your engine to stay shut down for extended time. But seriously, in S'pore this is a useless added feature. Most people deactivate the ECO function, some even permanently disable it.

E43 is a great car but not a 'real' AMG.....congrats!

I suppose its a bigger restart batt that allows your engine to stay shut down for extended time. But seriously, in S'pore this is a useless added feature. Most people deactivate the ECO function, some even permanently disable it.

Thank you for the infor..

Its a AMG E43 with V6 401BHP..

Not sure if its a real AMG .. 

:)

Real AMG i.e the 5.5L or 6.2L V8 or 6L V12? Nowadays, what constitutes? Mercedes are out to milk the AMG brand just like what BMW is doing with the M badge. Few years ago, who would even think that a 2L 4 cylinder engine, regardless how powerful would be slapped with an AMG badge?

The characteristic of a AMG car is the hand assembled engine in Affalterbach signed off by the builder (technician). One man one engine trademark. Even the 2.0 M133 that's found on the 45.

All the 43 models are basically a Mercedes engine that's badged as AMG. It was originally sold as as C450 with AMG kit....later rebadged as C43.

post-178-0-41960500-1471275427_thumb.jpeg

End of the day, it's all up to Mercedes marketing. Some will also say One Man One Engine is a marketing gimmick. Like I mentioned, few years ago and even till today, there are some who will still say 2L not real AMG, OMOE so what, AMG needs to be big CC, at least a V8, AMG for the masses isn't exclusive anymore, etc... But at the end of the day as long as you enjoy and love your ride, who cares! I don't drive an AMG but I still love my car to bits! Mercedes can't please everyone and at the end of the day, they are a corporation and their sales is what matters to them.

• Like 1

Well I don't really know what your ride is or what you plan to get in future, but it's your money, whatever makes you happy!  :thumbsu:

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/webspecial/e43/index.php?lang=eng#overview-mercedes-amg-e43 

Listed on official AMG website why not real AMG?

To me, as long as factory badged AMG its real.

This is a marketing website....sure have lah. In the official AMG private lounge website....it's clearly absent.

As long as you are happy....go ahead as what Mark said. This is like debating in the BMW circle whether the M135 is a real M, or M235 vs M2.

• Like 1

Well I'm just going with your flow, Mark was quite happy about spending the money to stay happy in any way one deem fit....which I agreed. You came along with the AMG marketing website that went OT.

• Like 1

Hi jtang, sorry if you think I'm OTing but I was replying to your first reply in this tread.

*i did not ask why they are not hand built and I will not ask.

Indeed, jtang, your statement as "E43 is a great car but not real AMG... congrats" was out of place and not related to this thread topic/title...

Miguel, to answer you: Is this option referring to the auto stop engine at traffic light or traffic? Whenever the interior is cooled enough, the car's engine with auto switch off and when temperature gets warmer again, the engine will auto switch on?

Just to stir the sh*t pot a bit, I am enjoying the eco stop-start.  Having the engine off when the car is stationery is OK to me, besides saving fuel.

Mercedes has 'abused' the AMG badge in its marketing and has gone down-market to increase market share.  

Real AMG or not, " kai xin jiu hao".

As for the engine build, I think some of the Lexus engines are supposedly also built the AMG way - by 1 single mechanic?

But the point is, nobody has answered Miguel's query?

Sorry, Miguel, I am no help either.

Hi Everybody,

I am configuring E43 AMG specifications online (UK).

However there is an option which i do not understand.

- Extended Restart By Stop and Go Traffic

Its an $0 value option

Does anyone knows what it mean ?

Been searching online but not able to get more information

Mostly on Eco Start and Stop function.

Thank you in advance

Miguel

Since is $0 value just add in or already default in that model. :)