• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A180 style fall in

iceman313

Booked my ride, mountain grey & black/green strip seats.

2 things high on my prioity to change

1) leather upholstery on é seats. Tot é current leather/fabric seats cannot make it. Have got the deal from my SE to throw in FOC local re-wrapping of the seats worth $1,500 which was added onto the overtrade.

2) the headlamps. Quite appalling C&C introduce the style A180 with halogen headlamps in this era (& w/o drl). Though i had wanted to take up the option ($3,700) to upgrade to the full LED headlamp, SE told me delivery will be delay to Aug/sept & i wont be able to booked it on current promotion. & i think retro-fitting from halogen to LED will be a problem in the aftermarket (due to other electronics involve). so still thinking how to upgrade this.

Changing of the bulbs will not void warranty la.

• Like 1

Booked my ride, mountain grey & black/green strip seats.

2 things high on my prioity to change

1) leather upholstery on é seats. Tot é current leather/fabric seats cannot make it. Have got the deal from my SE to throw in FOC local re-wrapping of the seats worth $1,500 which was added onto the overtrade.

2) the headlamps. Quite appalling C&C introduce the style A180 with halogen headlamps in this era (& w/o drl). Though i had wanted to take up the option ($3,700) to upgrade to the full LED headlamp, SE told me delivery will be delay to Aug/sept & i wont be able to booked it on current promotion. & i think retro-fitting from halogen to LED will be a problem in the aftermarket (due to other electronics involve). so still thinking how to upgrade this.

Changing of the bulbs will not void warranty la.

yoz flipp , wow rewrape the seat to full leather ar.. swee ley. U guy heard about groovy and laser sunshade. Which is good? I heard groovy only have 4 pc

Seems like all new owners waiting to collect their rides are on this thread.

If you notice my avatar picture, I've also changed my stock rims to pre-owned 18" AMG rims with Michelin PS3 tires.

Much firmer ride, but have concern if tire punctured as there's no spare tire.

Also my wife drives to work on weekdays, and I only drive the car on weekends, so I need to monitor the tire pressure every morning when I send my kids to school with the car.

I've also consider changing to white lights, but too many school of thoughts on this simple mod. Now waiting for 1 of the light bulbs to burn out, then will consider whether to change to white lights.

As for retrofitting to LED, 1 of our site sponsors Sonic Racing have OEM A45 front and rear LED lightsets.

I'll change after the 3 years warranty period under C&C, as I don't want the warranty for the lights voided.

Shall see what is available on the market by that time.

Last but not least, welcome to the family and enjoy your rides :)

• Like 1

retrofitting to LED headlamp is not so straight forward unfortunately. I think each of the light function will requires a LED control unit (eg: one for low beam/high beam, one for indicators, one for drl....). Even when we buy the LED headlamp in future, i believe it will not include those control units. That's why after consideration i rather have it factory fitted though it will cost a whopping $3700. but now say so much also no use....LL la. guess have to stick with è halogen lamps for a while first.

yoz flipp , wow rewrape the seat to full leather ar.. swee ley. U guy heard about groovy and laser sunshade. Which is good? I heard groovy only have 4 pc

For W176, both groovy and laser has 5 pc sunshades, the only difference is, groovy uses stick on clips while laser is using magnetic frames to stay on

• Like 1

Seems like all new owners waiting to collect their rides are on this thread.

If you notice my avatar picture, I've also changed my stock rims to pre-owned 18" AMG rims with Michelin PS3 tires.

Much firmer ride, but have concern if tire punctured as there's no spare tire.

Also my wife drives to work on weekdays, and I only drive the car on weekends, so I need to monitor the tire pressure every morning when I send my kids to school with the car.

I've also consider changing to white lights, but too many school of thoughts on this simple mod. Now waiting for 1 of the light bulbs to burn out, then will consider whether to change to white lights.

As for retrofitting to LED, 1 of our site sponsors Sonic Racing have OEM A45 front and rear LED lightsets.

I'll change after the 3 years warranty period under C&C, as I don't want the warranty for the lights voided.

Shall see what is available on the market by that time.

Last but not least, welcome to the family and enjoy your rides :)

talking about tires, c&c is giving run flat tire. Your current Fc how much

which one is better? And where to get it? Any idea?

Laser sunshades = go hock cheong automec (they are the authorised dealer) think for 5 pc sunshade should be around $180 to $200, bu need to book first and wait for awhile. http://www.hcgroup.com.sg/our-products/laser-shades.html

Groovy - quite a number of dealers around.

It's up to one preference, if you dun mind the clips on type, then go for Groovy, if not Laser, more neater.

Hi everyone, just want to share my experience as my ride is also A180 style, hope it helps everyone as I had a hard time looking for information, but couldn't get anything much other than from the UK A class forums.

18" rims with 225/40/18  CSC5 tyres (not run flats)

For my ride, I changed out the 17" rims to 18". Although it only differs by 1", it does make a significant difference when you look at the car, even before I lowered my ride.

When changed from 17" to 18" on stock suspension, it kinda stiffens up the ride and you can feel the sharp bumps.

Fuel consumption

My FC after run in (my mileage is 8k now), best trip is my everyday morning commute to work. Clocked on the dash at 5.9L/100km. The trip home clocks at about 7.2 to 7.5L/100km, depending on the traffic.

Woodlands to Tuas.

For weekend trips, expect anything from 8L/100km onwards if you're going to town. Way too many traffic lights and heavy traffic.

Bilstein/Eibach B12 shocks and lowering springs

As I couldn't find any information on lowering the A class, I decided to pick the one that appealed to me the most. A shock and spring combo from Bilstein/Eibach. 

I chose the B12 with front lowering of 30mm and rear lowering of 25mm. Although these are the official figures, the front has dropped quite a bit more compared to the rear.

I measure the tyre gap using my fingers. Before: Front 3 fingers, rear 3 fingers. After: Front 1.5 fingers, rear, 3 fingers tight fit

The butt feel is that the rebound is a little too fast, so you feel the small little bumps on the road, but the dampening is solid. Much better than the stock shocks.

Aesthetics wise, infinitely better than stock. 

Performance wise, cornering is extremely stable, other than your own body rolling in the chair.

Parking wise, the rear is still high enough that you can vertical park without worrying about the rear bumper scratching against the kerbs at the end of the lots, even with a full load.

Please contact Monster Tune for price and stock availability.

AMG head lights and tail lights from Sonic Racing 

This has got to be an essential modification as the default light assembly is way too ugly. Sonic Racing provides the original parts inclusive of head light assembly, LED control units, ballast etc, and comes with the default 4300k Bi-xenon light bulbs (warm yellow). I changed the bulbs to 6K ones at additional cost. Programming of head lights and tail lights are inclusive in the package. Please refer to Sonic Racing for pricing and stock availability.

The head lights come with the inner "red ring" which is inherent to the A250 sport models which I saw from the UK forums. Apparently the AMG A45 models do not have this red ring.

The tail lights are also much nicer to look at with the LEDs instead of the 2 bulbs.

Monster Tune ECU tuning

Another essential modification, this basically maximizes the potential of the M270 engine. The stock power we get is about 200 Nm / 122 HP. After a direct ECU reflash, power increased to 250 Nm / 180 HP (on crank est.) with no other modifications. Driving the car after the tuning, it definitely feels better than the stock map. However, there is still a significant throttle delay when moving off, and when flooring the pedal in E mode when overtaking.

This brings us to the next essential modification, the Pedal Box.

Pedal box (sold by Monster Tune)

This is an E-throttle controller which changes the response of the pedal when you step on it. It is installed between the throttle sensor and the ECU with 2 connectors.

It reduces the throttle delay and also improves the gear down-shifting as you only need to step just a little bit more than the tip to get the car to down shift. Compared to the stock throttle, which you need to step at least 50% to get the car to downshift from 7 to 6. With the current settings that I use, I need to only step approximately 20%. The car feels much more responsive and fun to drive after this installation.

Please contact Monster Tune for price and availability of ECU tuning and Pedal Box.

With regards to FC, I am still able to clock 5.9-6.0L/100km when commuting to work, as the control of the throttle is still very easy to manipulate.

Laser sun shades

I bought my set of laser sun shades from Hock Cheong (4 door windows and 1 rear window) as I prefer the magnetic mounts. Paid $220 in October 2015.

Pretty decent fitment, I would say 95%. The remaining 5% non-fitment is understandable as you would need somewhere to hold in order to pull it out, unless you wind down the windows and push it in.

Love having this as it works as both a sun shade and also sort of a privacy film. Anytime you need to remove it, it can be removed and no ugly remaining clips remain.

If anyone is interested, I am open to meet ups for further discussion of the items summarized above. 

Cheers.

Louis

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just want to share my experience as my ride is also A180 style, hope it helps everyone as I had a hard time looking for information, but couldn't get anything much other than from the UK A class forums.

18" rims with 225/40/18  CSC5 tyres (not run flats)

For my ride, I changed out the 17" rims to 18". Although it only differs by 1", it does make a significant difference when you look at the car, even before I lowered my ride.

When changed from 17" to 18" on stock suspension, it kinda stiffens up the ride and you can feel the sharp bumps.

Fuel consumption

My FC after run in (my mileage is 8k now), best trip is my everyday morning commute to work. Clocked on the dash at 5.9L/100km. The trip home clocks at about 7.2 to 7.5L/100km, depending on the traffic.

Woodlands to Tuas.

For weekend trips, expect anything from 8L/100km onwards if you're going to town. Way too many traffic lights and heavy traffic.

Bilstein/Eibach B12 shocks and lowering springs

As I couldn't find any information on lowering the A class, I decided to pick the one that appealed to me the most. A shock and spring combo from Bilstein/Eibach. 

I chose the B12 with front lowering of 30mm and rear lowering of 25mm. Although these are the official figures, the front has dropped quite a bit more compared to the rear.

I measure the tyre gap using my fingers. Before: Front 3 fingers, rear 3 fingers. After: Front 1.5 fingers, rear, 3 fingers tight fit

The butt feel is that the rebound is a little too fast, so you feel the small little bumps on the road, but the dampening is solid. Much better than the stock shocks.

Aesthetics wise, infinitely better than stock. 

Performance wise, cornering is extremely stable, other than your own body rolling in the chair.

Parking wise, the rear is still high enough that you can vertical park without worrying about the rear bumper scratching against the kerbs at the end of the lots, even with a full load.

Please contact Monster Tune for price and stock availability.

AMG head lights and tail lights from Sonic Racing 

This has got to be an essential modification as the default light assembly is way too ugly. Sonic Racing provides the original parts inclusive of head light assembly, LED control units, ballast etc, and comes with the default 4300k Bi-xenon light bulbs (warm yellow). I changed the bulbs to 6K ones at additional cost. Programming of head lights and tail lights are inclusive in the package. Please refer to Sonic Racing for pricing and stock availability.

The head lights come with the inner "red ring" which is inherent to the A250 sport models which I saw from the UK forums. Apparently the AMG A45 models do not have this red ring.

The tail lights are also much nicer to look at with the LEDs instead of the 2 bulbs.

Monster Tune ECU tuning

Another essential modification, this basically maximizes the potential of the M270 engine. The stock power we get is about 200 Nm / 122 HP. After a direct ECU reflash, power increased to 250 Nm / 180 HP (on crank est.) with no other modifications. Driving the car after the tuning, it definitely feels better than the stock map. However, there is still a significant throttle delay when moving off, and when flooring the pedal in E mode when overtaking.

This brings us to the next essential modification, the Pedal Box.

Pedal box (sold by Monster Tune)

This is an E-throttle controller which changes the response of the pedal when you step on it. It is installed between the throttle sensor and the ECU with 2 connectors.

It reduces the throttle delay and also improves the gear down-shifting as you only need to step just a little bit more than the tip to get the car to down shift. Compared to the stock throttle, which you need to step at least 50% to get the car to downshift from 7 to 6. With the current settings that I use, I need to only step approximately 20%. The car feels much more responsive and fun to drive after this installation.

Please contact Monster Tune for price and availability of ECU tuning and Pedal Box.

With regards to FC, I am still able to clock 5.9-6.0L/100km when commuting to work, as the control of the throttle is still very easy to manipulate.

Laser sun shades

I bought my set of laser sun shades from Hock Cheong (4 door windows and 1 rear window) as I prefer the magnetic mounts. Paid $220 in October 2015.

Pretty decent fitment, I would say 95%. The remaining 5% non-fitment is understandable as you would need somewhere to hold in order to pull it out, unless you wind down the windows and push it in.

Love having this as it works as both a sun shade and also sort of a privacy film. Anytime you need to remove it, it can be removed and no ugly remaining clips remain.

If anyone is interested, I am open to meet ups for further discussion of the items summarized above. 

Cheers.

Louis

wow louis , very nice summary. Just to check is your ride under warrenty?

just booked an A200 style, agree that the style non led lights looks really ugly but adding that option will delay my car collection to June. 

estimated collection of my new car is in May.

Hi Routey,

The A200 style is also using halogen head lamp? I was told A200 style is using the LED lights.

With è Cat B COE price now should be a good deal for A200. Congrats! I went in too early for é A180 liao Bo bian.

è LED headlamp should only be stock fitting from Urban onwards. Was thinking if to upgrade from style to urban when it's launch. But till now, still no news on Urban, guess gone-case.

BTW, anyone have any updates on their A180 arrival date? No sound no picture from my SE since deal is signed.

• Like 1

Hi routey, how much u pay for the A200?

Hi, paid close to 138k with the sunroof option,

Hi Routey,

The A200 style is also using halogen head lamp? I was told A200 style is using the LED lights.

Hi, i was told mine came with the halogen head lamps, no LED lights. No demo car to test drive at the moment but i've driven the pre facelift A180 before so i roughly know what to expect before making the deposit.

May I know if the A200 style comes with keyless start?

No it doesn't.