• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

creaking sound coming from door

I just purchased my W205 C class less than a month. Today suddenly my door start to have creaking sounds whenever my car is on the move especially when the road is a little uneven.. what is the problem? And how do i solve it? Anyone facing interior door creaking sounds as well? Not sure where the problem lies...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just purchased my W205 C class less than a month. Today suddenly my door start to have creaking sounds whenever my car is on the move especially when the road is a little uneven.. what is the problem? And how do i solve it? Anyone facing interior door creaking sounds as well? Not sure where the problem lies...

Hey bro! Welcome to the W205 family man! LIke you, I got my car just 3 weeks ago but I don't hear any creaking sounds yet, maybe cos i'm light footed and will slow down when approaching uneven road? My issue is that the brakes will croak when coming to a complete stop often, not sure if you have the same problem.

I'll try to observe the door when I'm driving in the future! ^^

The door creaking sounds just come out suddenly, and it is so annoying because everywhere is so quiet inside, when suddenly this particular door keep creaking...i am light footed as... my brakes also croak loudly when coming to complete stop sometimes and particularly when braking on a down slope... its quite loud.. but got used to it... haha...

Can understand bro, as far as I can recall, don't seem to have such creaking sounds. Have you spoken to your SE? Suggest you give him/her a call and ask to bring down to C&C servicing for a check. I don't really like the braking croaking bit, other car makes don't seem to have that concern leh. =/

I pump Esso 98 for my fuel, what about you?

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

To bump up this thread, I am experiencing something similar. Instead of creaking sound, mine has the rattling sound of plastic. Something like a tiny piece of plastic inside a container, and when you shake the container, you get those plastic sound.

Its on and off when going over bumps/uneven road. Think will only happens when the ride is such that the door is 'shaken', thus not easy to replicate. 

Ride is only 6 months old, and its saddening as this is the 1st merc i had, with this issue seemingly from poor build quality.

Still trying to find a suitable timing to bring to C&C to check, as likely needing to leave car over, but my work requires me to drive.

Not sure if anyone else experienced this.

• 3 years later...
On 2/15/2016 at 8:34 AM, JoJoArmani said:

Hi All,

To bump up this thread, I am experiencing something similar. Instead of creaking sound, mine has the rattling sound of plastic. Something like a tiny piece of plastic inside a container, and when you shake the container, you get those plastic sound.

Its on and off when going over bumps/uneven road. Think will only happens when the ride is such that the door is 'shaken', thus not easy to replicate. 

Ride is only 6 months old, and its saddening as this is the 1st merc i had, with this issue seemingly from poor build quality.

Still trying to find a suitable timing to bring to C&C to check, as likely needing to leave car over, but my work requires me to drive.

Not sure if anyone else experienced this.

Hi, may I know the rattling sound of plastic has been solved?  I'm encountering the same situation now.  Can you share what's the solution to it or what has been changed to resolve this issue?  Thanks.  

• 4 weeks later...