vinfang

CPA Plus - error msg

16 posts in this topic

Morning guys,

I was driving to work this morning and halfway thru the journey .... error message popped out (no warning sound or watsoever). Road condition normal, no traffic jam, nothing unusual happen on road. Anyone have encountered this error message before?

"Collision Prevention Assist Plus Inoperative"

Thanks.

post-6372-0-24828400-1425859008_thumb.jpg

Bro....the radar sensor is most likely defective. This is at the front grille...the Merc logo.

Thanks. I just worry about safety.... i guess should be ok to continue driving right? Haiz .... have to make a trip to cnc for warranty claim.

@vinfang: so any updates?

Hi wzz,

According to my SA, still can drive car as per normal. Suspect is the sensor or some setting not updated but cannot confirmed. So need to send in for further diagnosis. Most probably I will send in 1 week time frm now.

Will update u guys on the outcome.

Thxs man.

Alvin

Hi wzz,

According to my SA, still can drive car as per normal. Suspect is the sensor or some setting not updated but cannot confirmed. So need to send in for further diagnosis. Most probably I will send in 1 week time frm now.

Will update u guys on the outcome.

Thxs man.

Alvin

I thought our car only have CPA and not CPA plus? Did you opt in option for CPA plus?

Not sure about the earlier batch but 2015 model comes with CPA plus.

Hi all,

A quick update on the a/m status, software update was performed and everything back to normal. No replacement of parts. Technician did not mentioned any details about the error. Anyway, I will continue to monitor and enjoy the ride Yeah!

Thanks.

Have a nice weekend ahead!

:rock:

Hi folk,

A quick update:

The "Collision Prevention Assist Plus Inoperative" error msg appear again sometime last week of mar .... was busy w work and could only send in car for troubleshooting on Tue. It took them almost a day (10am-4pm) to resolve the issue. I guess so far no one encounter such recurrence like mine. 2 times in a row within 2 months of ride.  :wacko:

According to the SA at cnc => Software update (CPA plus + engine side)`

Hi folks,

Error msg is back again. Really disappointed, now waiting for the service side to response on Mon.

Good morning,

An update on the error msg.

What was done:

1. Car hand over to service center for 4 days.

2. As proposed, a thorough check need to be carried out (hardware and software).

What was found / rectification done:

1. Wiring near the sensor connection found to be improperly secure.

2. Wiring re-secure and clear error msg - no reoccurence after testing

2. Test drive done - nothing found after testing

Personally I feel this is unacceptable to have loose / improperly secured wiring connection in a Mercedes car. Just cannot accept the fact such simple thing can happen in one of the world best car maker. Keeping my finger cross, will continue to monitor. 

Honestly, shit happens. Tough luck there. Cross fingers at least it's resolved now.

Personally, that's inevitable. Rather, it's not acceptable that they took so long to figure out and rectify the problem.

Human error. Loose wire can be from factory floor , job not done properly since they are rushing to fulfill as many orders as possible.

CnC I felt they done their part as well. Since it's a new car they won't suspect anything wrong with hardware. Thus they try software first as directed in their service manual.

Personally I feel that rushing to meet a customer demand is definitely a "No No" from a quality point of view. Factory in Hungary should have foresee and anticipated the high demand in CLA since its launch in 2013. If not wrong, wire connection is not a difficult task, just connect (snap on type) not those loose wire connection type.

The whole incident has wasted me almost a week (3 occurrences so far), not only time is wasted but the inconvenience of sending and collection of car.

Just hope that thing goes well from here.

Thanks everyone for sharing and hearing me out. Have a great week ahead .... long weekend coming. :bbq: