• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Leather Cleansing

vogel

• 2 months later...

hi have you been using any leather cleaner at all to clense and maintain the leather? I use the leather cream provided by C&C and its quite good. And my ride is almost 6 years old and the leather, whilst not in mint condition, is in an acceptable state.  No obvious stains etc

The c&c leather cream is good. it dries very fast.  BMW (PML) also uses a good leather cream.  It is very very rich and when u apply it to the leather, the leather turns a darker shade.  Its espcially nice on red leather.  But the problem is it takes ages to dry out.

TBH, as i drive daily i use the c&c cream.  But if i go away on weekend for afew days, the PML BMW cream is great too as i feel it really seems to restore the leather to a richer darker hue.

Many swear by the C&C leather cream. Too bad I'm too lazy.

i think its about $50 plus a bottle for the spray on leather foam from c&c.   PML leather cream is similarly priced.  one bottle lasts me half a year easily as i m kinda lazy and only do leather cleaning once every two months.

Its not that expensive and still better than a complete refurbishment of the leather.  A firend of mine spent afew k to redo the leather and he said it was never as good as the stock leather they used from the factory.

Do they give the leather for new rides? or have to buy ;x

• Like 1

I am not sure if the c&c accesories section is open during weekends. It may be closed.  Pls call them before you go.  I usually go lunch time to grab the leather foam.

Thanks for the inputs bro.... will go C n C to get the cleaner n cream this weekend.

I think it is a leather FOAM cleaner and conditioner. You spray the foam onto a microfiber towel and apply it. It dries fast but as i mentioned it is not as thick and luxurious as the BMW PML leather cleaner and conditioner.

I used the PML leather cleaner and really like it as i really see the leather turn a dark hue AFTER application. The red leather on my e92 turns a richer darker, crimson red n its sooo nice i dont even wana sit on it later. Lol 

But i also think i use abit too much as it takes a longer time to dry. Sometimes i go away afew days and apply it before i leave and close the car door and windows.  4-5 days later i come back and the leather still has that darker almost new look.

But the downside is that it stays moist longer. My wife complains when she gets into the car as she worries it stains her business suits.  So i change to c&c leather foam.

I hope that helps

the C&C one is just a cleaner? No conditioner huh? or issit  a 2-in-1 solution ?

• Like 1

I think it is a leather FOAM cleaner and conditioner. You spray the foam onto a microfiber towel and apply it. It dries fast but as i mentioned it is not as thick and luxurious as the BMW PML leather cleaner and conditioner.

I used the PML leather cleaner and really like it as i really see the leather turn a dark hue AFTER application. The red leather on my e92 turns a richer darker, crimson red n its sooo nice i dont even wana sit on it later. Lol 

But i also think i use abit too much as it takes a longer time to dry. Sometimes i go away afew days and apply it before i leave and close the car door and windows.  4-5 days later i come back and the leather still has that darker almost new look.

But the downside is that it stays moist longer. My wife complains when she gets into the car as she worries it stains her business suits.  So i change to c&c leather foam.

I hope that helps

Thanks! That helps!

after applying, got the new leather smell too ? :X

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using C&C eather foam spray, for a few years, which is good for cleaning out the dark spot. But  my leather armrest on the left, now has a bubble (20 cents size), does anyone has a similar problem? and how to get rid of the bubble.