Wishbone

Hood out of alignment

6 posts in this topic

Recently when I took my car for car wash, I just notice my hood isn't aligned correctly. Right side seems to have a bigger gap that the left side. Do not know why, it was perfect before, did not hit anything. Is the right latch not latching? Anyone else have this problem? If alignment is out, how to re-align??? My ride C180 FL.

Recently when I took my car for car wash, I just notice my hood isn't aligned correctly. Right side seems to have a bigger gap that the left side. Do not know why, it was perfect before, did not hit anything. Is the right latch not latching? Anyone else have this problem? If alignment is out, how to re-align??? My ride C180 FL.

try opening your bonnet and slam it back again.....works for mine...

:roadrage: Fast & Furious driving style might the key point... hehehe  

try opening your bonnet and slam it back again.....works for mine...

Thanks, will try this tonight...

Ok... Open hood and slam back hard works. Thanks

I pressed down hard on the mercedes logo on the bonnet and it works just fine.  No need to slam down hard.  The problem is there are 2 bonnet catches, one on left and one on right.  It is the right side that does not lock properly when the bonnet goes down.  So pressing down hard on the logo works equally well.  I have done it successfully many times.