• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Ultra Gauge Users

Purchased my Ultra Gauge and installed it on my W212. I thought its a nifty gadget as it is able to detect and 63 parameters on my car out of the 100+. 2 days after install, I realised that I could not start my car in the morning as my battery is drained completely. Jump started it using my second car and started monitoring the cause of it. I ascertained it was the Ultra Gauge.

For those who bought it, how do you ensure that it is completely shut down and not in 'sleep' mode? Or did you encounter the same problem I had?

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

Never had that issue in my w211. I believe there are 3 modes n u need to make sure u select the right mode.

Mine shuts down shortly aftef the delay lights turns off.

I have to check which setting is mine when i get to my car later. I am not sure if w211 n w212 setting mode is the same but we can try it.

Do you have the manual for it?

Cheers

guys is the ultraguage good to use?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

can read torque ? cos my current obd reader cant read torque on C180 CGI

• Like 1

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Bro, using ur modes. Cannot. Damn thing still on after I leave car.

perhaps yours is somehow a lemon unit....

Time to have it checked by the supplier.

maybe you want to plug out when u shut down the engine for now....and plug in when u are driving

Bro, using ur modes. Cannot. Damn thing still on after I leave car.

Oh no bro. Did u buy it off a seller in Singapore? Might be a good idea to check with him. As mine comes with a one year warranty. I hope u have too. I have checked my settings and regarding the pwr on n off setting. It's the setting I gave u.

Stock boost IIRC is about 0.7-0.8.

I am boosting at 1.3 bar after tune.

For W212 users of Ultra Gauge, power on is set at 2 and off at 3.

My gauge is now working fine.

Ultra gauge is cool leh. Bro whats w212 boost bar?

0.8 or 1?

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

Stock boost IIRC is about 0.7-0.8.

I am boosting at 1.3 bar after tune.

For W212 users of Ultra Gauge, power on is set at 2 and off at 3.

My gauge is now working fine.

wow .. 1.3 bar is rather high boost ... how many HP gain ? need to change any hardware like inter-cooler ? down pipe ? 

Changed XOS and air intake.

Everything else remains stock.

Pushing in excess of 430+ nm of torque.

wow ... that must be real fun to drive with that torque ... 

in your opinion, does the ex boost "stress" out the engine or gear box ? piggy back right ? 

Can PM me the damage ... 

Thx mate

• 3 years later...

Sorry for digging this thread up, I just bought and install the ultragauge.

Just wondering should the boost be at negative during idle (@ about -50kPA)? The most I can get is 80kPA which I think is close to stock boost. 

Driving a W204 C180 CGI. (M271)

• 2 weeks later...