• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

BKK - Sharksfin

Guest Raskie

Guest Raskie

Hi guys,

I'm heading off to BKK for a break ... anyone knows of a good sharksfin rest there I can try ?

Also any recommendation for good makan will be appreciated !

;D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes - been there ... u know the Italian restaurant opposite where the service apt is ... very classy and famous ... tough on the wallet too !!!

Oh yeah.. never did try that one!

I was taken to this other place just a minute from the Silom Skytrain station. It's some ladies clothing store with an eatery upstairs.... mmm.. some emporium. Anyway, had some foie gras up there, some soups and a couple of other dishes. Pricey but quite nice to eat if you like French/Italian food. Will try to grab the address.

If you love Foie Gras, try the Madison for Sunday Brunch at the Four Seasons Hotel, Bangkok. They have a foie gras section with 4 different preparations. Lifted this from their menu - Pan-Seared Foie Gras with Port Wine Sauce, Foie Gras Sausage, Terrine de Foie Gras, Foie Gras Custard with Truffle Oil

Pile on the calories

;)

Guest Raskie

heard abt R-style ... do i need to order in advance if wan to get something from R-style ? Got online website to view 1st ?

Where is Automag ?

Hiya dial .. me go for cheap and good yummies leh ... anymore recommendation ?

heard abt R-style ... do i need to order in advance if wan to get something from R-style ? Got online website to view 1st ?

Where is Automag ?

Hiya dial .. me go for cheap and good yummies leh ... anymore recommendation ?

R-style - depends on what stuffs u looking for, most of the times when i'm there to buy stuffs, at most will have to wait for the next day to collect.

- o ya, if u do go R-style, can help me get Wind deflector(visor) for W210?? should be only

1000 bht.

Automag Creation -- is at 265-267 Bangkok Bazaar, Rajadamri Rd.

tel: (662) 253-8798, 253-8915, 253-8880, 252-1936, 254-6751

-- the boss (young man, Thai chinese) is a very great chap to talk

-- once u in the shop, sure u will be, once again a small child in a sweet shop,

they have the originals and taiwan products(sometime, they say taiwan products

but they are actually manf in thailand)

-- o ya, if u do go there, can help me check out, how much is the W124 AMG

exhaust?

-- i know he sells the W203 H&R coilovers for 23,000 bht!!!

-- all these prices are all not yet bargain down!!, can still bargain.

seriously i dun think u would like to go to their website, its rubbish! can't even see anything, only gives their address on it.. its a bit of dis-service to their biz lei...

for food wise, I always like street food hehehe..

for resturants, either International Seafood Market(more for tourist) or "Son boon seafood resturant" - can't really remember the actual name. Central world got also some nice resturants that are not X.

Guest kepiting1sg

No Sharkfin please!

Save the Sharks!.......wakakakakak! ;D ;D ;D

When U go to BKK!

Please remember!

"Hormones are nature way of

keeping our Civilization alive!

Please sow them freely! sperm.gifsperm.gifsperm.gifsperm.gifsperm.gifsperm.gifsperm.gifsperm.gifsperm.gif

Please sow them freely!

wahahaha, "pls sow freeeelyyy"

come to think of it, my thai counterparts says in the Gulf of thailand, very diff to find sharks, cos if there is any stray sharks swim into to the gulf, any thais will jump in and try kill it....

Guest Raskie

no lah - sharksfin for my cousins who will be there for the 1st time ...

cannot anyhow sow leh .. family outing leh .... :'(

kel, will PM you when my trip is nearer for details of wat u want okie ? I plan to leave around 7 June.

;)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Raskie

Kel, sorry about not contacting you ... last minute had to cancel trip due to business emergency ...

Sorry about it ... hope i can get there in the near future ... sigh ... :'(

Kel, sorry about not contacting you ... last minute had to cancel trip due to business emergency ...

Sorry about it ... hope i can get there in the near future ... sigh ... :'(

its ok,

jul/ aug might go up, cos my boss would like me to bring him up there for R&R!! since i'm familiar there and he is not familiar... :-X :-X

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, Scala Shark's Fin has an upmarket outlet on the ground floor, G16 Siam Paragon. The Lau family's (teochew) original branch in Yaowarat has been there for more than 50 years. 2nd Generation David Lau runs the Siam Paragon restaurant. Also has Bird's Nest, and Teochew specialties.

Thai Scala Shark's Fin

Unit G16, Ground Floor

Siam Paragon

Tel: 02-02-129-4335

Open daily 11am-10:30pm

• 2 months later...
Guest angela

another place to go will be MBK level 3 i think. its a chinese restaurant the fins and nests are cheap and good although cannot compare to the high end stuff.

Guest Archer

another place to go will be MBK level 3 i think. its a chinese restaurant the fins and nests are cheap and good although cannot compare to the high end stuff.

Oh yes..there not badz! Its opposite some jeans store. and the price is quite good too....

Whatever it is, don't go to Nam Sing in Chinatown. Sux! :censored:

Guest angela

the one that my colleagues and me like to e at in chinatown is at the roadside corner where there were 2 stalls, the one in red is better. on the opposite side of the road slightly further down is a big coffeeshop where you can get noodles, the sio bak is the most happening in the world.

Guest C350

the one that my colleagues and me like to e at in chinatown is at the roadside corner where there were 2 stalls, the one in red is better. on the opposite side of the road slightly further down is a big coffeeshop where you can get noodles, the sio bak is the most happening in the world.

loctorng your recommendation always seem power lei, must go and try soon liao. Upz you!