• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Buying from C&C or parallel importer

They are already very 'FAMOUS' even before the E250 saga arise.... think can be found in some old threads....

E250 is old news. I am the latest and can testify if needed :)

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 1 month later...

hi guys...was also thinking if i should get a C class from PI or C&C...the difference is quite a lot..

may i know which PI is the most reliable to purchase merc from ? So far I read thru the past conversation...seems like VinCar is the most reputable and reliable ? Any others ?

If not convenient to talk about it just pm me :)

thanks a lot

I think the difference is around 10+K... that is not a lot...

hi guys...was also thinking if i should get a C class from PI or C&C...the difference is quite a lot..

may i know which PI is the most reliable to purchase merc from ? So far I read thru the past conversation...seems like VinCar is the most reputable and reliable ? Any others ?

If not convenient to talk about it just pm me :)

thanks a lot

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Ah Sim, make sure the difference is min 20-30k and above for the same specs else not worth it. With PI recourse can be an issue when it Cl ES to warranty claims. Also make sure PI gives you the same warranty coverage as C&C.

Vincar so far is ok. Avoid SG vehicles. Again do your DD before signing anything :)

Ah Sim, make sure the difference is min 20-30k and above for the same specs else not worth it. With PI recourse can be an issue when it Cl ES to warranty claims. Also make sure PI gives you the same warranty coverage as C&C.

Vincar so far is ok. Avoid SG vehicles. Again do your DD before signing anything :)

Thanks bro for the reply

problem with purchase from C&C...they do not have stock for C180...must wait until Nov or Dec...color is limited as well....

PI bring in C200 .....with stock available

i'm also a bit concern about the warranty.... after comparing...20k to 30k difference is achievable

problem with purchase from C&C...they do not have stock for C180...must wait until Nov or Dec...color is limited as well....

PI bring in C200 .....with stock available

i'm also a bit concern about the warranty.... after comparing...20k to 30k difference is achievable

wah now c180 stock only come in in nov/dec?!?! zzzzzzz......

• 2 weeks later...

ya...c180 come in nov / dec..only left with colour like silver / black / dark blue /. white..

Anything not in the list got to wait till Jan....

Guess COE down so all rush. Suggest get C200. Power wise much better. Fuel economy wouldn't be too different from C180. All city driving anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Make sure your car is at least 20k cheaper. Also list down the specs ( GPS, intelligent LED etc) that they are giving you, signed with company stamp. And also specify the country of manufacture.

Vincar has got good feedback. I've got bad experience with SG Vehicles.

• Like 1

C200 is definitely a better car to drive than a C180. At about $30k difference, it's a big draw factor.
I bought my CLA45 from Vincar 1 yr ago....it was my 1st time with PI & a pleasant experience. I dealt with Vincar becos they have ready stock cars for sale. U get to view the actual car that u r buying & then close the deal tho there's no test driving ( for obvious reasons). U should do the test drives of both C180 & C200 at C&C & appreciate the difference before deciding.
I also find that Vincar's Mercs have more options fitted than C&C cars...in my case it's the Harmon Kardon audio, full climate control AC,

Btw...if they don't have the color or some features like Pana roof that u die die must want...walk away. Forget about indenting thru them to avoid lots of unforeseen problems. This is happening at all PIs simply becos they are not authorised Daimler dealer.
After sales service is undertaken by MBM....another plus point. Very efficient workshop with ready parts.
Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks MMI and Jtang for the advice. Vincar's C200 Avantgarde series is cheaper than CnC by nearly 30k and almost same price with CnC's C180.

Some further comparison of Vincar's C200 with CnC's C180 below:

1. CnC is giving overtrade of 5k which vincar can match. If GPS not needed, CnC may be able to give further discount of 2k. Per Vincar's SE, max discount that the boss will give is normally up to 3k.

2. CnC is giving 3k servicing credit. Vincar's servicing is by MBM. Qn: CnC can negotiate to 5k?

3. C&C Avartgarde series already come with keyless-go system and hands-free access automatic boot opening/closing but not with Vincar. Qn: Can negotiate with vincar?

4. Vincar comes with sunroof, CnC panoramic roof needs top-up of 8k. C180 no memory seat compared to C200. Qn: can negotiate with Vincar for panoramic roof?

5. CnC waiting time is longer.

Please advise if there's anything that can be bargained further? Thanks!

I can't advise on your negotiation as each car has different margin. However i believe their $3k discount is pretty standard across the board. 

If you really want pano roof which Vincar doesn't have...WALK AWAY! Forget about indenting the car....look for another PI which has what u want on hand.

A lot of sad or distressing stories that u read arise from PI dealers either under deliver or failure to deliver the cars to specs as agreed upon. Being an unauthorized dealer, they depend on their 3rd party source (UK or HK) for delivery. 

My advice thru PI route is always "Buy what u see (physically!) & u will get what u buy". The promises that PI give or agreed on contract is never 100% foolproof. Only C&C can deliver what they promise.

• Like 1

I can't advise on your negotiation as each car has different margin. However i believe their $3k discount is pretty standard across the board. 

If you really want pano roof which Vincar doesn't have...WALK AWAY! Forget about indenting the car....look for another PI which has what u want on hand.

A lot of sad or distressing stories that u read arise from PI dealers either under deliver or failure to deliver the cars to specs as agreed upon. Being an unauthorized dealer, they depend on their 3rd party source (UK or HK) for delivery. 

My advice thru PI route is always "Buy what u see (physically!) & u will get what u buy". The promises that PI give or agreed on contract is never 100% foolproof. Only C&C can deliver what they promise.

I couldn't agree more, when you buy from PI, never NEVER assume what specs you have from AD, PI will have

For example, a PI can sell you the AMG version/model, (not C63 don't be confused here), which comes with different rims/steering/side skirts/bumper etc

and yet the rest of the car is the base model with no keyless entry, no reverse camera etc etc

Also. as much as possible, try to order the car they have in stock, so less dispute, as many bros have mentioned here, what you see, what you get

when the indent, which is via mostly the UK/HK route, sometimes the car comes in not as what it is supposed to be, and often, the buyer have to ''suck thumb'' after that

My personal opinion is that the C200 which has about 30horse power more is much a better ride, anyway, both are cat B and I think the OMV is much different too

Hi Jtang

Sounds abit scary here....

For Vincar, the Avantgarde comes with sunroof but no keyless-go and hands-free access auto boot. AMG comes with the aforesaid and with paranomic roof.

To avoid unnecessary hiccups, is it really not advisable to get from PI? But the price difference is too attractive.....

• Like 1

Hi Jtang

Sounds abit scary here....

For Vincar, the Avantgarde comes with sunroof but no keyless-go and hands-free access auto boot. AMG comes with the aforesaid and with paranomic roof.

To avoid unnecessary hiccups, is it really not advisable to get from PI? But the price difference is too attractive.....

If I were u, I'll opt for the AMG version. It has all the features that you want but best of all, AMG kit looks a lot nicer than the standard avantgarde car. Your car will stand out different in any car park or on the road since most other W205 are boringly avantgarde.