• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mobile App for SGMerc?

Hi all

I have just joined this forum a few days back, and am on the receiving end of a lot of goodwill from all the members here. :)

As I am also currently interested to learn mobile app development, I am wondering if there is already a mobile app for the members here. I am thinking along the line of us sharing information at a more real-time basis (e.g. some roads flooded, we can push information to each other so that others can avoid the road if possible, or even for arranging very last minute gathering as I do not surf the forum during office hours).

Will like to check what other members think about it, and if it is allowed too by the admins here. Just to stress that the app should be complementing the forum, not meant as a replacement. Don't want to get into trouble over that.  

Personally, I always wish that I have a platform to share things on a more real-time basis, such as:

1) Seeing if any members are nearby so that can meet up for a chit-chat, especially if I am considering changing some stuff on my cars and can definitely benefit from the advice of other experienced members, who can also help take a look at my ride. 

2) The warnings like areas where there are flooding so that I can avoid them

3) Sharing on parts offer

etc.

Do let me know if there is any interest in this too, and the types of features that would be useful. I am only just beginning to learn mobile development, so thought of developing something I like personally too.

Admins: If there are any concerns on this, please let me know? Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi all

I have just joined this forum a few days back, and am on the receiving end of a lot of goodwill from all the members here. :)

As I am also currently interested to learn mobile app development, I am wondering if there is already a mobile app for the members here. I am thinking along the line of us sharing information at a more real-time basis (e.g. some roads flooded, we can push information to each other so that others can avoid the road if possible, or even for arranging very last minute gathering as I do not surf the forum during office hours).

Will like to check what other members think about it, and if it is allowed too by the admins here. Just to stress that the app should be complementing the forum, not meant as a replacement. Don't want to get into trouble over that.  

Personally, I always wish that I have a platform to share things on a more real-time basis, such as:

1) Seeing if any members are nearby so that can meet up for a chit-chat, especially if I am considering changing some stuff on my cars and can definitely benefit from the advice of other experienced members, who can also help take a look at my ride. 

etc.

Do let me know if there is any interest in this too, and the types of features that would be useful. I am only just beginning to learn mobile development, so thought of developing something I like personally too.

Hi Kenneth,

It sounds like a great plan & contribution but do understand the implications of supporting this Mobile Apps.

Cheers!

Hi all

etc.

Hi Kenneth, thanks for your feedback. This site already has a mobile version that can be viewed on your mobile device. Members currently can share the information you've listed on the forum, however sharing info in real-time requires every member to play their part when they see any incidents on the road. Some members might not be too keen to let others know their location. There are currently very reliable apps such as the MyTransport app from LTA which gives accurate live notifications of any incidents. That being said, we of course have our members interest at heart. Your feedback has been noted and we will see how, if we can implement them.

Just wondering if there is a need to create a separate mobile app for this site, as the platform already self formats for mobile devices. At least it does on my devices on the iOS platform.

[Edit: ok, this has already been addressed by mod]

.....Aiyo ...share information la...where raining la....followed by floods la...no no...

...they prefer 2 call them Ponds..pondings they say...hehe... :).... Hahahahaha ... :)

....share yr Merc w me...I Oso dun mind...happi...

Haha can, if I know where got "ponding"... really like how this word is used  :D

My Merc not here yet leh, the SE nv give me a date also. 

Haha can, if I know where got "ponding"... really like how this word is used  :D

My Merc not here yet leh, the SE nv give me a date also. 

Good things are worth the wait. At the mean time, you can browse around the forum and start planning for your mods!

Haiz ya lor, even before getting the car already start to have some ideas, but think will try my best to remain stockist for a while.

Will be away from SG for a year soon, no point spend too much come back then need to redo everything cos taste change, but the poison here really hard to resist  :startle: