• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

"Check Engine" Lights Came On - What to do?

Paladin

Hi everyone, the "check engine" lights appeared this morning when I started the car (W204-2012). Did not have any problem last night and the car still drives like normal. Should i send it for checking now or wait and see? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

No error code or "doot doot" leh. Warning lights came on like ninja... thought it would go away like ninja too......

its a warning sign before a storm appears .. haha ! or maybe is ruth ninja-ing your ride .. she likes to sneak into ppl's hse/car to do dirty stuffs . wahahaha! :D

you can join me tml go pandan tgt.. i treat you kopi !

No error code or "doot doot" leh. Warning lights came on like ninja... thought it would go away like ninja too......

happened once to my dad's car... but the warning lights did go off. for my car, it was cos there was some leaking somewhere i think...

if it persists, best to get it checked. don't wanna risk anything...

I didn't mean you would be able to see an error. I meant when the mech check with an OBD. Did you mean OBD done and no error code flagged? Even if so, you should register a remark with C&C (I'm assuming your ride is C&C) to protect yourself (also assuming you didn't do any aftermarket air filters and/or engine modifications).

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

I didn't mean you would be able to see an error. I meant when the mech check with an OBD. Did you mean OBD done and no error code flagged? Even if so, you should register a remark with C&C (I'm assuming your ride is C&C) to protect yourself (also assuming you didn't do any aftermarket air filters and/or engine modifications).

Thanks for the pointers : ) No engine modifications done.........so far

haha yea lo .. thats why i invite him to c&c tml and treat him lim kopi .. who want me to treat kopi tml come down too :D:P

Bro, pandan too far for me leh. I stay in East and work in Central. Probably will go Eunos instead. But I take a rain-cheque on your kopi treat. Can?

I understand how u feel, sent my car in within 1st week, twice within 1st mth but no issues thereafter.

haha

aiyah just hope paladin's car get well soon! new car like that really sian ji buah

Thanks for the kind words, ladies : ) Will convey your well wishes to my car (think must give him a name like David) so he will pull himself together :P

Bro, pandan too far for me leh. I stay in East and work in Central. Probably will go Eunos instead. But I take a rain-cheque on your kopi treat. Can?

haha dunno eunos got kopi 1 a not leh . oops ! hahaha! i stay in east and super near eunos but i go to pandan .. bad experience there =X IIRC some of the members also siam eunos liao ..

Thanks for the kind words, ladies : ) Will convey your well wishes to my car (think must give him a name like David) so he will pull himself together :P

My previous ride was called little red riding hood 小红帽. I couldn't think of an appropriate name for the current ride yet, no inspiration :(

My previous ride was called little red riding hood 小红帽. I couldn't think of an appropriate name for the current ride yet, no inspiration :(

Cool! Is it a common thing to name your cars?

i wanted to name my car 'silver bullet', but decided against it cos it sounds like a fancy name for a suppository! lol.

so now its called Legacy! hehe!