• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Paddle Shift Steering Wheel W204 FL C180K

Guest markcwq

Guest markcwq

After weeks of waiting and anticipation, was delighted to receive a call from Hannson yesterday telling me that my steering wheel had finally arrived. Sent my car in to Autospritze to get it installed this morning. However was met with great disappointment when I got a call from Ah Boon telling me that Mercedes had changed the electronics on the W204 2012 Kompressor and they're unable to make the paddles work on the wheel. Was told to give him a week to figure a workaround for the issue. Got an expensive paperweight lying in my boot right now. :(

On the other hand, thumbs up to Hannson for wonderful after sales service.

Sorry to hear this. Ah Boon is good in this, hopefully he can crack it. I also fitted this some time ago, all functions are working except that the buttons on the steering wheel are not lighted up when the headlights are on. Up till now, he has no solution to this. Hopefully your buttons are lighted up if he can solve the paddle shifts issue.

Guest hkhamateur
At least your paddles are working. I'd choose your situation over mine anytime. Anyway' date=' Ah Boon did say if he can't find a solution within a week, it'll probably be unsolvable.[/quote']

Oh...bad to hear tat. :ohmy:

Even ah boon such experience mech has no solution yet. How abt my paddle shift Steerg wheel which Robson has rewrap ready now liao! :(

Can't install yet??

Guest hkhamateur
Apparently' date=' the electronics problem only affect the facelift (2012) W204 with the 5-speed gearbox. Which model you driving? Probably want to make full enquiries first.[/quote']

Oh...I see. :dry:

mine falls in btw 2008-2011. B)

Ya...better make enquiry still fr safe. Tx bro. :cheer:

Guest markcwq

Was informed by Ah Wee today that they've two options.

Option One

Hard wire the steering wheel to the car's system. Might have warranty issues in the unfortunate event that something goes wrong and if something goes wrong, was advised to go back to the shop first to remove the wheel before sending the car to C&C. According to Hannson, this method is very frequently used by non 7G-Tronic cars.

Option Two

Purchase a software from Europe that will allow the steering wheel to be almost plug-and-play. Not much of an issue with warranty here but the downside is, it's twice as expensive as Option One.

Anyone here has any advice on this?

Personally I would prefer Option Two as I am quite adverse towards hard wiring anything especially when there is a software fix. But then again that's just me.

u share my sentiments too.....

Guest blackmercs
Have been using it almost nonstop since I had it installed. Now the performance of the car isn't good enough' date=' that's why asked you for advice on performance![/quote']

Orh no wonder!! Now i get it.

Guest hannson
Have been using it almost nonstop since I had it installed. Now the performance of the car isn't good enough' date=' that's why asked you for advice on performance![/quote']will keep you updated on the performance part :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markcwq

Just an update, Ah Boon got the steering wheel working for me and it has been serving me well ever since. Although they only had to attach a small wire from the wheel to the gear stick, it was quite a big operation and probably not for the faint hearted. However, was all worth the hassle in the end.

Thanks Hannson for your incredible before and after service! Would highly recommend this guy any day any time.