• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W221 Air suspension

Guest cc low

True..... Just realised you were on GP before switching to Merc....

ya. out of neccessity. had a pair of twins. Sold my MINI within 4 mths of ownership. my folks still has theirs and it is probably one of the best MPVs in the market today.

• Like 1

Swift-Sunny-Sonata-156-Brera-MINI cabriolet-Grand Picasso-S300

Make sure they reset the ECU for u after install

pm-ed you, pal. 

can push them to complete quickly - mine was done within 2 hrs.

• Like 1

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

ya.... That is what I mean.... The fault codes in your ECU if not your airmatic will not rise.

Kazumi Takashi is my nickname in japanese

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

normally the rear last longer than the front.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a update. Changed mine airmatic pump at Chip Soon for 840bucks all in with new filter. The old one had developed a crack along the pump casing hence causing pressure losses when compressing. Highlighted this airmatic malfunction issue to another pro-workshop where I did my servicing 1week back. Was told pump running healthy. Hmm.. am glad I seek 2nd opinion..

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Friends 

I am new to this forum or any forum i guess. Maybe its my age and lack of technology exposure. 

I have a S300L W221 model... the suspension has dropped as my car shows "malfunction" with a car icon and a small arrow pointing upwards inside the car. 

once in awhile , the car prompts "car too low" in Red....

Do i need to change the Air Pump? 

By the way friends, i used to buy my Car parts for my car from Gallop Services based in Jalan Pemimpin - Call for Mr. Yeo at 62587203. Their price are very low for both OEM & Original parts for Mercedes. 

• 1 month later...

My turn for jackpot... Kena mine on last Friday after my Segamat Durian trip... Sian.... Any updates on pricing??

My first relationship is with a Japanese. Raw n pure. Then I move on for a Korea born American. Quiet n demure. I broke off with her for a China bitch. She so eye catching but her emotions is crazy. I decided to let go. Went for pure Korean then. The feeling was good. Realized she is too small for my size. I quit Korea and got myself a huge American mother fxxker. She so loud n powerful. She seems couldn't have enough of my ramming. Always asking for more. I felt like a king. But maintenance is crazy. Meanwhile I had a affair with another even bigger Amercian. The feeling was good. Get to choose riding who each day. Finally I'm tired. One day I decided I think I wanna try a German and I got her. This is the best one ever. Sleek... Quiet... Ready to charge anytime... I promise I will be faithful this time round and ride on her and on her only. Her name is Mercedes-Benz....

not sure yet. Just had gotten the car sign with the up arrow saying malfunction. any idea what could that be??

My first relationship is with a Japanese. Raw n pure. Then I move on for a Korea born American. Quiet n demure. I broke off with her for a China bitch. She so eye catching but her emotions is crazy. I decided to let go. Went for pure Korean then. The feeling was good. Realized she is too small for my size. I quit Korea and got myself a huge American mother fxxker. She so loud n powerful. She seems couldn't have enough of my ramming. Always asking for more. I felt like a king. But maintenance is crazy. Meanwhile I had a affair with another even bigger Amercian. The feeling was good. Get to choose riding who each day. Finally I'm tired. One day I decided I think I wanna try a German and I got her. This is the best one ever. Sleek... Quiet... Ready to charge anytime... I promise I will be faithful this time round and ride on her and on her only. Her name is Mercedes-Benz....

Try raising the car via the airmatic button , check if any side is not level

okok later i try.

just checked... seems like all 4 quite  the same. all not rising up.... lol  :lol:

when the malfunction signal came on, i press the airmatic button to rise the car is totally useless. the light don't even come on.

could it be my pump instead of the suspension itself?

called min ghee yesterday. was quote 700+ for the pump and 2000+ for each suspension

That should be the pump issue nothing to do with sensor.

The pump is a very powerful pump like pumping over 200psi when it is activated.

Sad story. Red alert came up last Friday. Stop! Car too low....

Sent in to one of our sponsor workshop.

Diagnosis: Faulty Airmatic Pump.

After change pump front 2 absorber refuse to erect... front 2 absorber also damaged.... gonna change.

Total damage: $5,600.... FML

Bro j888, your advice to change OEM came 2 days late. was really thinking hard if I should just change OEM. Should have just go for it or at least the pump....

BTW, after changing my suspension, which still feels quite stiff though (Maybe is my own mental problem), I feel the car is vibrating quite bad while idling or at least much more than when I haven't go for the change.

Wanna ask if anyone knows if a suspension change will cause car to vibrate while idling. Please note all engine mounting changed Sep 2014. Vibration is constantly there. doesn't come and go. cant feel while driving.