• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Suspension upgrade for W203

Guest snappy

snappy wrote:

Hi guys,

wonder as anyone upgraded their W203 suspensions? The stock ones seems a bit too bouncy, seems very unstable. Thinking of changing it, if budget permits.

Hi snappy,

all stock suspension behave almost same same....like taking bus ya...

upgrade to KW coilover best...

cheers

snappy wrote:

Thanks bro,

any place that you recommend? What is the damage like?

Hi snappy,

let me know your car year and model.....i check for you...

PM me your hp then i sms you a quote.

cheers

Longshanks wrote:

Anyone with experience on Koni FSDs + Eibach springs esp. on W203/209s (or other models)?

Hi Longshanks,

nice set-up for a normal suspension.......not bad

but usually Koni FSD comes in a set so why you need Eibach spring?

cheers

Guest Longshanks

Hi, ACSLK. Thanks for the fast response. As usual. Thot the dampers came separate from the springs? Read of some folks w FSDs with springs from Eibachs, Koni etc.

ACSLK wrote:

Hi Longshanks,

nice set-up for a normal suspension.......not bad

but usually Koni FSD comes in a set so why you need Eibach spring?

cheers

Longshanks wrote:

Hi, ACSLK. Thanks for the fast response. As usual. Thot the dampers came separate from the springs? Read of some folks w FSDs with springs from Eibachs, Koni etc.

Hi Longshanks,

if budget allows go for Coilover..............Koni FSD also not cheap..........

cheers

Guest vratenza

Longshanks wrote:

Anyone with experience on Koni FSDs + Eibach springs esp. on W203/209s (or other models)?

i just installed the koni FSD (~1.3K) and eibach prokit (~300++) last week. Got my alignment done yesterday.

The character of my W203 is changed totally....corner almost flat and road response is very good (works as claimed)...better than bilstein+eibach on my previous car.

Strongly recommend it to anyone looking to a sportier ride, reduce wallowing movements and improved comfort (to me at least cos i cannot tahan the boat like feeling of stock suspension)

vratenza wrote:

i just installed the koni FSD (~1.3K) and eibach prokit (~300++) last week. Got my alignment done yesterday.

The character of my W203 is changed totally....corner almost flat and road response is very good (works as claimed)...better than bilstein+eibach on my previous car.

Strongly recommend it to anyone looking to a sportier ride, reduce wallowing movements and improved comfort (to me at least cos i cannot tahan the boat like feeling of stock suspension)

Hi vratenza,

exactly............................boat like............Lolz

cheers

Agree with the Koni FSD and Eibach setup has it on my E46. Bonus no need to adjust here n there and so on everything is automatically done for you ! Unless youre a person who enjoys constant tuning your car for road and or track use. Most of us layman simply adjust once and forget abt it so having a KW coilover while nice is kinda overkill.

rssid wrote:

Agree with the Koni FSD and Eibach setup has it on my E46. Bonus no need to adjust here n there and so on everything is automatically done for you ! Unless youre a person who enjoys constant tuning your car for road and or track use. Most of us layman simply adjust once and forget abt it so having a KW coilover while nice is kinda overkill.

true, different stroke for different folks.......

* coilover also got street comfort type

cheers

Guest Longshanks

The stock suspensions are indeed kinda soggy... Done the coilover thing in previous rides. They're way too harsh for an everyday commuter unless one intends to regularly tear up the tarmac in Sepang etc. Got a taxi ride last Sun from YZYGold with the FSDs. Seem pretty promising. Any lobangs where to get 'em? And more importantly, any good alignment shops? Thanks.

Longshanks wrote:

The stock suspensions are indeed kinda soggy... Done the coilover thing in previous rides. They're way too harsh for an everyday commuter unless one intends to regularly tear up the tarmac in Sepang etc. Got a taxi ride last Sun from YZYGold with the FSDs. Seem pretty promising. Any lobangs where to get 'em? And more importantly, any good alignment shops? Thanks.

Hi Longshanks,

Koni FSD can be purchase at Fong Kim (if i am not wrong)

sorry to kaypo abit: care to share which brand and model of the coilover you used on your previous ride (when you say too harsh), could it be the setting of the coils?

i am currently on KW V3 (very good handling and comfortable), how come yours harsh?

cheers

Longshanks wrote:

They were koni adjustables. Felt rock hard even in the softest setting. Maybe age is catching up..

oh i see...........Koni adjustables....( can adjust rebound and compression???)

cheers