• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Seat belt warning

Guest mercbenz

Guest mercbenz

Hi fellow forumer, I am having problems with the seat belt warning sign keep beeping even though the seat belt is engaged. Even with fellow passenger already belted up, the warning still beeped. When I m alone and no passenger or things on the passenger seat and my seat belt is engaged, it also beeped. Any one has the same problem? I'm driving a FL W211. Thanks in advance.

Guest kepiting1sg

mercbenz wrote:

Hi fellow forumer, I am having problems with the seat belt warning sign keep beeping even though the seat belt is engaged. Even with fellow passenger already belted up, the warning still beeped. When I m alone and no passenger or things on the passenger seat and my seat belt is engaged, it also beeped. Any one has the same problem? I'm driving a FL W211. Thanks in advance.

If under warranty - go back to C & C.

If not, then maybe pay a visit to MBM - 1 of our site sponsor workshop.

Guest blackmercs

mercbenz wrote:

Thanx for the reply. Went to C&C they just reset the software. Ok for a week and problem came back. Don't think they know the problem.

Don't know?? Is it still under warranty? If yes, go back again this time be nasty else these jokers will take u for a ride!!! Ask them y u purchase fm them instead of PI!!! they will get the clue!!!

Guest Cklasse

It's likely to be a sensor or connection in the seat that is faulty since a software reset only solve the problem temporary. Any condition that this beeping will occur? such as after hot sun? during hard cornering? etc.

My front passenger seatbelt has a problem too and it is I suspect a sensor or connection problem. It can't be solved unless the seat is opened to gain access to the sensor. It only happened when the car has baked under the hot sun for a long time and the seat will detect someone is sitting on it when there is actually no one. The beeping will go away when the seat is cooled.

Guest kepiting1sg

Cklasse wrote:

It's likely to be a sensor or connection in the seat that is faulty since a software reset only solve the problem temporary. Any condition that this beeping will occur? such as after hot sun? during hard cornering? etc.

My front passenger seatbelt has a problem too and it is I suspect a sensor or connection problem. It can't be solved unless the seat is opened to gain access to the sensor. It only happened when the car has baked under the hot sun for a long time and the seat will detect someone is sitting on it when there is actually no one. The beeping will go away when the seat is cooled.

Or is it 7th lunar month.....hehehe! :becky:

Think you are right about the sensor in the seat! :hand:

Guest BenzModz

mercbenz wrote:

The seat belt buckle is directly connected to the airbag controller. So if the buckle or the wiring is damaged then it will create this problem. The wiring can be damage if the seat connector is not correctly attached and the connection is lost. This is under the seat. Sometimes people put things under the seat and lower it and cause damage. It is not a complicated fault.

The other cause could be that you leave heavy items on the passenger seat. Mine gets annoyed when I put 4L of water on it in bottles. Generally for long road trips.

Guest BenzModz

Cklasse wrote:

The drivers seat does not have an occupancy sensor for obvious reasons.

Guest BenzModz

Pumper wrote:

To sidetrack, anyone knows how to disable the seat belt warning beep on a w204?

Can only be done with diagnostic system and only under approve from Daimler with a section called Special Functions in the cluster coding.

Guest NewC180

BenzModz wrote:

You installed a cupholder ?

Yup. By installing a cupholder, you will disable the seat belt alarm at the same time. It's written in the owner's manual, didn't you read it??

Hahaha! Nah, just joking. The cupholder was compliments from my SE. I wanted them to disable the seat alarm for me, but they won't do it no matter how hard I tried. So in the end they gave me 2 extra seat belt clips for me to 'disable' the seat belt alarm MANUALLY! Take a look at my photos again.

Primitive but it works, hahaha!

Guest bbwannabe

my 2 cents.

when mitesh came over, he offered to disable the seat belt warning for me. i went ahead and did it. but i really don't like it and when miro comes over, I will get him to add it back.

i think it is pretty bad for me. i thought will put it on (you know discipline). but i only do so after travelling out of the cp out of some area then i will know i am not wearing the seat belt and put it on then.

Guest BenzModz

NewC180 wrote:

Yup. By installing a cupholder, you will disable the seat belt alarm at the same time. It's written in the owner's manual, didn't you read it??

Hahaha! Nah, just joking. The cupholder was compliments from my SE. I wanted them to disable the seat alarm for me, but they won't do it no matter how hard I tried. So in the end they gave me 2 extra seat belt clips for me to 'disable' the seat belt alarm MANUALLY! Take a look at my photos again.

Primitive but it works, hahaha!

You never saw a person after they hit the glass. It is because ... they never live to tell the story. :fish:

Guest NewC180

BenzModz wrote:

You never saw a person after they hit the glass. It is because ... they never live to tell the story. :fish:

Since Pumper asked, I just shared my primitive solution. Anyway, my seat belts are always on when driving on regular roads and highways. I only use the clips when I'm circling round a crowded car park looking for a lot. Hardly drive my W204 nowadays anyway.

BTW, PML disabled the seat belt warning for my BMW after I've insisted them to do so. So don't have to use those spare seat belt clips. Really don't understand why C&C won't do it.

Pumper wrote:

To sidetrack, anyone knows how to disable the seat belt warning beep on a w204?

*****BUCKLE UP*****

I do know is un comfortable to wear the belt, but for our family sake, i do it the "taxi' style, get a stopper at petrol station shop, felt like no belt restraint but with safety precaution.

• 4 months later...
Guest hmsa2112

mercbenz wrote:

I had the seat belt warning come on, and stay on, with a passenger belted up on a W203.

The problem went away after spraying contact cleaner into the seat belt receptacle.

I suppose the seat belt receptacle needed some cleaning...

Guest hmsa2112

Cklasse wrote:

I concur with your experience. Happened to me (W203).