• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Weak Aircon

Guest Longshanks

Guest Longshanks

Hi, all. New to the MB scene. I've got a Q on the air-conditioning. Mine feels pretty anemic. On a hot day, belches warm air and takes quite a while to cool. I usually leave the thermo at 22 deg which in my previous ride (a Lex) could create a small blizzard.

Is this how MB aircons generally are? Is there something that can be done to increase cooling performance apart from cleaning the filters and maintaining the compressor gas? Thanks in advance.

Guest blackmercs

Longshanks wrote:

Hi, all. New to the MB scene. I've got a Q on the air-conditioning. Mine feels pretty anemic. On a hot day, belches warm air and takes quite a while to cool. I usually leave the thermo at 22 deg which in my previous ride (a Lex) could create a small blizzard.

Is this how MB aircons generally are? Is there something that can be done to increase cooling performance apart from cleaning the filters and maintaining the compressor gas? Thanks in advance.

Nope, send yr car for a check up, my previous ride only one year e air con belches warm air on driver side having e same problem. Mainly due to leaking gases in piping or coil system. Yrs a C class W204? How old is yr ride? If under warranty get in fixed, downtime e most 3 days.

Guest blackmercs

Longshanks wrote:

It's an '07 W209. Wot's the estimated damage on the wallet if the fan coil or pipes have gotta go? Thanks again.

1.5K?? Usually, the replacment for air con system are fan coil and compressor and some piping stuffs. Go and top up the gas and check whether its happens within a week or so. If the problems persist means u got to change the entire air con system.

Guest Luci Ride

Longshanks wrote:

Hi There,

Actually it has been discussed quite a bit, Merc aircon are inherently weaker than most marques (Needn't compare with Japs, just the Germans in the likes of VW/Audi/Beemers will do).

I Actually cursed the living daylights out of my ride after taking delivery on the 1st day cos Aircon really can't make it (know am being anal as my former rides are cold to the point of bone shattering). Checked gas/compressor & piping which all are in order :Cry:

Longshanks wrote:

If it's a really really hot day, then leave temp settings at 16 degs & switch to 'Auto', wait for min 5-10 mins (that's if you're moving, if stuck in traffic-then you're screwed), then you'll get slightly 'cool' air but it's damn irritating cos blower working it's guts out & the 'wind' coming out is 'strong' but again, don't expect it to be like other rides, it's not chilling cold.

Guest Longshanks

That's a terrible predicament to be in on a hot day. Got the aircon checked out and it's in good functional order. Maybe time to get them ventilated seats. My previous ride had them and they brought unspeakable good, blowing cold air to both the butt and back.

Guest carnipotent

C&C has an aircon package costing close to S$400 for servicing the aircon. Not sure if servicing aircon regularly can prolong life of the entire aircon unit and how often we have to do this?

I have an 07 W211 and the aircon seems to be working well as of now. Set to 22 degrees on a hot day and it is pretty cold all round in the cabin. Hope this lasts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jenvid

With that kind of $ to spend on servicing, I suggest you dump the $ on a Vkool VK70/75 film. My ex-W211 with Panaroma Roof (blind reeled in) runs around real cool with 22 deg Auto.