• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

State your E250 CGI fuel consumption here now ;>

Guest vincemerz

• 4 weeks later...
Guest manualisbetter

merc212 wrote:

6-6.5km/L on 98RON

About 80-90% city driving :Cry:

you always the 1st one to get off the line in stop-start situation?? really so low :shocked:

Guest merc212

manualisbetter wrote:

you always the 1st one to get off the line in stop-start situation?? really so low :shocked:

Quite true but seems like I'm the only one with such bad FC :confused:

Guest kepiting1sg

merc212 wrote:

Quite true but seems like I'm the only one with such bad FC :confused:

U must have big & heavy foot....hehehe!

BTW I find the FC on the DIS not very accurate as compared with the FC base on filling up to "full tank"

Guest lightning

kepiting1sg wrote:

U must have big & heavy foot....hehehe!

BTW I find the FC on the DIS not very accurate as compared with the FC base on filling up to "full tank"

yes...i base my FC on the filling up to "full tank"...more accurate than the computer...:whistle:

Guest kepiting1sg

lightning wrote:

yes...i base my FC on the filling up to "full tank"...more accurate than the computer...:whistle:

My 1st virgin tank full was pretty accurate with the OBC FC readings.

Subsequent tank full calculations some time shows better FC & sometime show worse FC than indicated by the OBC FC readings

I guess the amount of time & occasions the engine on idling has some effect on the computer FC calculations.

My 1st virgin tank full was based on hardly any engine idling due to waiting or traffic jams while subsequent tank full I have left the engine idling while waiting on several occasions.

Guest lightning

i realized if you idle alot or spend much time waiting with the engine running...the FC bound to suffer...quite abit...:Cry: of course if you chiong alot and travel above 100km often...you can expect high FC :hand:

Guest lightning

achtungbaby wrote:

So how often do you guys visit e pumps ...every couple of days?..:Cry:

When CnC/Daimler says 14..they mean driven on e autobahn only...??

for me... average about 6 days +/- ...full tank i mean... :Cry: or :becky:

i usually pump when still remaining about 1/4 tank :whistle:

Guest achtungbaby

saw cnc's claim that comes with the booklet when you collect your car.. is acutually 7.7 so they claim...guess its kinda average..?

also noticed the side mirror tilts down only on left side when reversing..is dat correct? why not both?

Anybody does shell 95 here for their e250..?

Guest lightning

achtungbaby wrote:

saw cnc's claim that comes with the booklet when you collect your car.. is acutually 7.7 so they claim...guess its kinda average..?

also noticed the side mirror tilts down only on left side when reversing..is dat correct? why not both?

Anybody does shell 95 here for their e250..?

ya...i saw that too...guess 7.7 lit/100km OR 12.98km/lit...i doubt anyone can achieved that...maybe travelling a long distance on a constant speed at 90km :becky:

do you need the right mirror to be tilted? :shocked:...tilting of the left mirror is to help you to check the blind spots so that you won't kenna the side kerb when doing reverse parking... do you know you can turn it off?

i have been using caltex premium 98 since day 1...maybe i should try 95 to see if my FC can improve...:whistle:

Guest achtungbaby

yea..i noe it helps..just tot with both you can see both sides of the kurb..extra safe..

Anyone here also got fogging prob ..when the temp inside is abt 20deg?

small condensation patch occurs in front and on the driver side window near the back of seat..tilted the a/c louvres dn but still got these patches..

1 of my front lamp fog inside! if it dont go away, may need to bring in to check.

i find the side mirror very small...no confident doing parrallel parking yet.:becky:

achtungbaby wrote:

yea..i noe it helps..just tot with both you can see both sides of the kurb..extra safe..

Anyone here also got fogging prob ..when the temp inside is abt 20deg?

small condensation patch occurs in front and on the driver side window near the back of seat..tilted the a/c louvres dn but still got these patches..

• 3 months later...
Guest sanity2010

Hey Bro,

I haven't been getting great fuel efficiency as well. Been using mainly V-Power from Shell, but getting around 12 - 14L/100km which is quite bad.

Thinking of switching to 95 to see if FC remain the same, can at least save some money...

How's your Caltext 95? getting improvement?

BTW this is for E250CGI Avantgarde

lightning wrote:

ya...i saw that too...guess 7.7 lit/100km OR 12.98km/lit...i doubt anyone can achieved that...maybe travelling a long distance on a constant speed at 90km :becky:

do you need the right mirror to be tilted? :shocked:...tilting of the left mirror is to help you to check the blind spots so that you won't kenna the side kerb when doing reverse parking... do you know you can turn it off?

i have been using caltex premium 98 since day 1...maybe i should try 95 to see if my FC can improve...:whistle:

Guest kepiting1sg

sanity2010 wrote:

Hey Bro,

I haven't been getting great fuel efficiency as well. Been using mainly V-Power from Shell, but getting around 12 - 14L/100km which is quite bad.

Thinking of switching to 95 to see if FC remain the same, can at least save some money...

My last tankful of V-Power (pormotion price of 98 @ V-Power price) got me

10.7L/100 km over 700+km

Previously on Shell 95 more or less abt the same.

Guess depends how heavy your right foot and where you drive.

I would say on the average is about 8km to 9km per Litre (11 to 12L/100km) or better if often on highway.

Guest blackmercs

kepiting1sg wrote:

My last tankful of V-Power (pormotion price of 98 @ V-Power price) got me

10.7L/100 km over 700+km

Previously on Shell 95 more or less abt the same.

Guess depends how heavy your right foot and where you drive.

I would say on the average is about 8km to 9km per Litre (11 to 12L/100km) or better if often on highway.

U can do 700km??? My record only 450 km only.

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

U can do 700km??? My record only 450 km only.

Unker got bigger fuel tank.....hahahaha!

Definitely more than 70L Fuel Tank.

Last Sunday nite - last nite for V-Power at 98 price.

I squeezed in 71+L still no fuel low warning light.

Guest lightning

sanity2010 wrote:

Hey Bro,

I hv been using Caltex 98 since Day 1 for my E250CGI and I hv just gone for my 15k servicing 2 days ago...yet to see any changes to my FC...

yes I tried my 1st full tank of Caltex 95 about a mth ago and probably my LAST tank of 95 ....believe it or not...on the 2nd Day after the change the yellow check engine diagnostic light came on...I was panic coz it was the weekend, however my SE assured me not to worry and if it does not go off the following day, I better send back to C&C to check. Fortunately, the next day the light went off and never appear again...so I m back to my Caltex 98 again, to be safe...:whistle:

Guest kepiting1sg

lightning wrote:

I hv been using Caltex 98 since Day 1 for my E250CGI and I hv just gone for my 15k servicing 2 days ago...yet to see any changes to my FC...

yes I tried my 1st full tank of Caltex 95 about a mth ago and probably my LAST tank of 95 ....believe it or not...on the 2nd Day after the change the yellow check engine diagnostic light came on...I was panic coz it was the weekend, however my SE assured me not to worry and if it does not go off the following day, I better send back to C&C to check. Fortunately, the next day the light went off and never appear again...so I m back to my Caltex 98 again, to be safe...:whistle:

mine confirm with many tanks of shell 95 boh tai chi!

Guest lightning

kepiting1sg wrote:

mine confirm with many tanks of shell 95 boh tai chi!

I was wondering too...:tsk: according to the SA he said he came across a similar case...this guy mixed his petrol when he was in M'sia and the yellow diagnostic appear, luckily it was on his way back to Sg...not sure whether any linkage...:becky: