• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 headlights "auto" mode - "You 4get switch off your headlights?

Guest Xad7707

Guest Xad7707

I parked my w204 at the carpark this AM, you know when you turn headlights to "Auto", the fog and small bulb area wil be litted for a while before the car is locked then the lights go off,

have any tried before passing cars shouting to you; ""You 4get switch off your headlights?"" It appears useful first few times as you thot ppl is just being nice, however, its starting to get irritating when passing car keep reminding you; "your lights are still onn"

Its a small issue but I just wanna ask if any brothers have same experience, other car makes asking you to "switch off your headlights"

hahahaha... :bootyshake:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest daywalker

I parked my w204 at the carpark this AM, you know when you turn headlights to "Auto", the fog and small bulb area wil be litted for a while before the car is locked then the lights go off,

I believe even if your light switch is "off", the lights will still come on if you are in a dark area/at night when you lock the car.

Cheers! :punk1:

Guest 9339

Have a solution for you .......

if you are a smoker......

get out lock your car, light up a cigarette, take a puff , timing just nice as light will turn off by the time you walk away.....

Non smoker......

get out lock your car,walk 1 round to check your car........timing just nice as light will turn off by the time you walk away.....

Sorry if anyone feel like i am talking to a P plater......hehee

Anyway i like this many function of our Merc, I used to take the folding mirror as guildline to confirm my car is locked :clap:

Guest ehwwong

OT alittle, since we are in the auto headlight mode thread..

do you notice that the light will turn on around 5pm even if the sky is not dark at all?

got 1 time, around 8am.. the light also turn on... although its not sunny, but definitely not dark enuff... any idea whether this is normal?

Guest holmiumz

oh ya, one thing..whenever ppl tell u "oh, you forget to switch off the lights" then you just have to reply "the Merc will do the job.." :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :tazzie: :tazzie:

Guest funng

i thought its the "Delay headlights switch off function" in the menu? can on and off at discretion right?

I have had a B class owner tell me "you forgot to switch off my headlights" at Cineleisure carpark. This option not available in B class? maybe this driver was a new merc cause the car looked very new. My only reply was "its auto, i was also tempted to tell him, it should be available on your B too"

Guest kepiting1sg

i thought its the "Delay headlights switch off function" in the menu? can on and off at discretion right?

I have had a B class owner tell me "you forgot to switch off my headlights" at Cineleisure carpark. This option not available in B class? maybe this driver was a new merc cause the car looked very new. My only reply was "its auto, i was also tempted to tell him, it should be available on your B too"

Funng,

You are right!

Go the Lighting Menu

U can go to the setting mode for the external lights be switched on or off each time U locked the car.

U can also set the delay time for the internal lights to be switched of too.

Guest Xad7707

the headlight on function really helped when locating my car in dim carpark.

Once, I park in lucky plaza multi carpark on a sun, yes Sunday, many maids there hanky panky with their ah bu nei bfs, as I park quite high up, when I un-lock my car, the foglight shine direct at this foreign worker couple cuddling there, they got a rude shock, so did I.... Exposed!!!!

Guest bbwannabe

the headlight on function really helped when locating my car in dim carpark.

Once, I park in lucky plaza multi carpark on a sun, yes Sunday, many maids there hanky panky with their ah bu nei bfs, as I park quite high up, when I un-lock my car, the foglight shine direct at this foreign worker couple cuddling there, they got a rude shock, so did I.... Exposed!!!!

omg. down side of the auto on head lights.

cannot unsee!

Guest Cklasse

If I am not wrong, there is a name for this light delay function call "follow me home light". It's meant for places like US where they head in to park in front of their houses and this delay off function shines the path for them to walk to the house. I like this function. :love7:

Guest echodeltax

I think you can set up the delay light-off function in the dashboard control to "Off". If I remember correctly, is inside the "Convenience Function" or something like that.

I set to off so that no need to waste battery.