• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Inspections for new PI cars

iconchia

Hi, 

Is anyone waiting for the delivery of their new cars from PIs and experiencing delays because of inspection? Am waiting for the delivery and agent has been telling me there is a backlog at LTA side so things are being held up. 

Just wanted to see if anyone is also experiencing the same delays. 

Thanks and cheers

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my car from a PI, the car was ready stock in their showroom. The inspection took about 1.5 to 2 weeks after I placed the deposit. 

Still got my car ahead of what their estimated time line. My sales guy was eager for the car to be delivered as it was only after delivery that he gets his comm. I guess it comes down to which PI you got from and your personal relations with the sales staff.

17 hours ago, iconchia said:

Thanks. Mine’s ready stock too and I pass by the car showroom frequently and I see it parked there. It’s been three weeks since I put deposit and that salesperson said they are still waiting for the Notice for Inspection front LTA. 

Which dealer you got your ride from ?

Similar experience I have too.

10 minutes ago, iconchia said:

I’m getting mine from Leco Prestige. How long have you been waiting? 

They need to secure the Vital Approval Code (VAC) before the car can be registered. I waited mine for close to 1 month...same reason they gave long queue depending from LTA side.

25 minutes ago, Jasson said:

Same experience too.. waited close to 1 month plus. But that was 1.5 years ago. Got my car from Cartimes.

Thanks. Seems like it’s the typical experience. At least ‘m not so jittery. First time buying from PI so a bit more cautious.