iconchia

Inspections for new PI cars

9 posts in this topic

Hi, 

Is anyone waiting for the delivery of their new cars from PIs and experiencing delays because of inspection? Am waiting for the delivery and agent has been telling me there is a backlog at LTA side so things are being held up. 

Just wanted to see if anyone is also experiencing the same delays. 

Thanks and cheers

I got my car from a PI, the car was ready stock in their showroom. The inspection took about 1.5 to 2 weeks after I placed the deposit. 

Still got my car ahead of what their estimated time line. My sales guy was eager for the car to be delivered as it was only after delivery that he gets his comm. I guess it comes down to which PI you got from and your personal relations with the sales staff.

Thanks. Mine’s ready stock too and I pass by the car showroom frequently and I see it parked there. It’s been three weeks since I put deposit and that salesperson said they are still waiting for the Notice for Inspection front LTA. 

17 hours ago, iconchia said:

Thanks. Mine’s ready stock too and I pass by the car showroom frequently and I see it parked there. It’s been three weeks since I put deposit and that salesperson said they are still waiting for the Notice for Inspection front LTA. 

Which dealer you got your ride from ?

Similar experience I have too.

13 minutes ago, Denn said:

Which dealer you got your ride from ?

Similar experience I have too.

I’m getting mine from Leco Prestige. How long have you been waiting? 

10 minutes ago, iconchia said:

I’m getting mine from Leco Prestige. How long have you been waiting? 

They need to secure the Vital Approval Code (VAC) before the car can be registered. I waited mine for close to 1 month...same reason they gave long queue depending from LTA side.

3 hours ago, Denn said:

They need to secure the Vital Approval Code (VAC) before the car can be registered. I waited mine for close to 1 month...same reason they gave long queue depending from LTA side.

Thanks bro!

Same experience too.. waited close to 1 month plus. But that was 1.5 years ago. Got my car from Cartimes.

25 minutes ago, Jasson said:

Same experience too.. waited close to 1 month plus. But that was 1.5 years ago. Got my car from Cartimes.

Thanks. Seems like it’s the typical experience. At least ‘m not so jittery. First time buying from PI so a bit more cautious.