• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

AMG Bodykit for W213

Ronster

50 minutes ago, Ronster said:

Thanks. I'm surprised by the lack of response here... maybe E class is less popular when it comes to AMG bodykit modding...

Not sure by the lack of response, as there are several shops listed in the forum that supply MB parts, so should be able to get (if not they can order for you). =) 

• Like 1

stock polar silver CLA180 =)

• 3 months later...
On 30/01/2018 at 0:17 AM, Sebesgoh said:

Can check with benzline, they carry amg line kits for w213

I checked with Benzline and the price is quite steep. Wondering if there's other suppliers and installers?

On 1/30/2018 at 10:17 AM, Ronster said:

Thanks. I'm surprised by the lack of response here... maybe E class is less popular when it comes to AMG bodykit modding...

Well, TBH, those who wanted AMG line would have gotten it when ordering the car, and those without who are thinking of changing it are more rare. =)

I ordered my ride before the 1st stock landed in SG so can't tell if I'd like the AMG Line.. after seeing it in the flesh, especially with the latest diamond grill, I like it! 👍

Any suggestions pls?

On 28/05/2018 at 4:00 PM, stepper78 said:

Just saw a posting on FB of JDM Autocare, they are bringing in aftermarket AMG kit. 

Dont know whether quality good or not, my last dealing with them is years ago when driving a Mazda. 

Thanks. I contacted them and they have not done W213 before but will bring in stock but not original. How was their workmanship when you last dealt with them? And do the parts fit well like original?

8 hours ago, Ronster said:

Thanks. I contacted them and they have not done W213 before but will bring in stock but not original. How was their workmanship when you last dealt with them? And do the parts fit well like original?

Hello.

Workmanship was good back then, the paint is done by Bluwell which back then is reputable. 

Now not very sure. :thumbsu:

They done quite a lot of BMW now, maybe you can check at BMW forum. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My original ride is an E250 Avantgarde, delivered April 2017. The pics before installing the AMG bodykit are here: 

I had the idea of an AMG bodykit conversion very early on, even before collection of my car (I like modding, and I think you can tell from my postings). But I had to wait for more parts information to be available before beginning on my project. There are two AMG bodykits to pursue: 

1) The AMG bodykit that is on the E43. And this is exactly the same as the AMG-line on the E2XX and E300, except for four details:

• the front grill on the E43 is the diamond grill
  • the front bumper lower grills on the E43 have side flaps
  • the tail pipe chrome tip on the E43 is quad-looking (I said quad-looking because unlike the E63, it is not truly a quad exhaust)
  • the presence of a boot spoiler on the E43

2) The AMG bodykit on the E63, which is a totally different deal.

When the E43 and E63 became available in C&C, I went down to examine the details, compare the differences, and to try to get as much information as I can. But those staff of C&C are damn blur. Everything also don't know. Can't provide any parts numbers. But after those trips, I decided that I would like my car to have something between the E43 and E63 look, instead of the AMG-line for E200/E250/E300. I decided to have an E43 bodykit with a E63 side skirt (the E63 side skirt as an extra trim to the E43 one, making it look fiercer).

I started to collect parts by shopping on eBay in October/November, since eBay postings has lots of pictures and descriptions that make it easier for me to ascertain if they are the right parts, without having any part numbers on hand. I managed to buy front and rear bumpers, and grills in this manner. When I thought I have all the necessary parts, I brought it to my workshop for installation. Since it is the first time my workshop is also doing a W213 conversion, there were lots of hiccups, but all due to me. It turned out that the conversion is not trivial. I came from an Audi, which is damn simple to mod. But for Merc, every detail is different. You cannot just take down the Avantgarde bumpers and install the E43 bumpers. They won't fit. I was almost giving up, when I coincidentally ran into a friend and found that he had bought a W213 AMG-line. I asked for his chassis number which I use as reference at the stockist to try to find the differences with my car and then order the parts. But again, it is far from trivial. The differences are overwhelming. The collision absorber behind the front bumper is different. The brackets holding the bumpers are different. The tow eye caps are different. The tow eye cap mounts are different. Every time I thought I have the full set of parts for the conversion, my workshop told me a different part is required. Even the license plate mount is different. I must have made at least 5-6 trips to the stockist to order new parts. 

I also sought help from the US forum MBWorld for part numbers of the E63 side skirt trim. 

The project which I started in October 2017 was finished only just before Chinese New Year this year.

I will post the pictures of my AMG bodykitted car in my next post.

• Like 1

Hi there, many thanks for your very comprehensive description, especially the difference between E43, E63 and AMG-line... best I've read so far... awesome!

Your ride looks really good! Are these original parts or replica? I came across some from Taiwan that looks good but not sure if the material is the same and durable and the quality of the fitment. 

I'm interested in the one with 2 chrome strips for the front fog light part, I notice yours is black. Is it just an extra option?

And yes, if you next mod your rims, it's gonna make your ride look even more fierce than it already is! 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ronster said:

Hi there, many thanks for your very comprehensive description, especially the difference between E43, E63 and AMG-line... best I've read so far... awesome!

Your ride looks really good! Are these original parts or replica? I came across some from Taiwan that looks good but not sure if the material is the same and durable and the quality of the fitment. 

I'm interested in the one with 2 chrome strips for the front fog light part, I notice yours is black. Is it just an extra option?

And yes, if you next mod your rims, it's gonna make your ride look even more fierce than it already is! 👍

Hi! Glad you find the post helpful.

My parts are all original.

The original front lower grill comes in either black or with chrome trim. The chrome trim is not an add-on. However, if you are considering replica, then there are china chrome trims that you can buy to stick on. But I personally find them damn ugly.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:05 PM, swissfondue said:

Next mod will probably be rims :)

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:04 PM, swissfondue said:

The pics of my AMG body-kitted car is here: 

This is really very very nice... After driving the other continentals, I am back to the market looking for a E200 W213. Felt so inspired seeing your pics

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/05/2018 at 4:00 PM, stepper78 said:

Just saw a posting on FB of JDM Autocare, they are bringing in aftermarket AMG kit. 

Dont know whether quality good or not, my last dealing with them is years ago when driving a Mazda. 

Highly recommend JDM Autocare for their workmanship, willingness to help and and professionalism. Awesome afersales service to ensure everything is fine-tuned nicely!

Love the way you set it up, so camping here for more updates! My own mods are more aesthetic and less extensive (i.e. cheap) with the largest being the diamond grill. =)